Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Right or wrong, I think this Presidency was doomed to be a "lame-duck" term. In light of what was going on with the economy, I don't think there was a simple or quick resolution, Republican or Democratic. It just wasn't going to happen.

At this point, I think we're all just hoping for the best for ourselves. As terrible as it sounds. Personally, I'd like to see even more incentives, tax breaks, and lending to small business owners. And, I know the wealthy class are looking for less $$ in taxes. As, the unemployed are looking for longer benefits........ We're all looking out for #1, and can't fault anyone for that.

There, most definitely, is something wrong with our system. What the answer is, I don't know. I can just provide my experience and perspective. It is sickening to me that we have open positions for employment, and most guys would rather sit at home on unemployment. Few, and far between are the guys that take pride and responsibility in having a job, and working for a living. Our government has made it too easy to sit back and say, "poor me"! Believe me, we haven't had a fun time in the construction industry over the last few years, however, it's a fight, and always will be a fight, so it's like the old saying, "it's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog", and I feel that's what has become lost in today's society..... What happened to the fight and determination in today's worker..... government policies aside, it's up to us!!!

When I was 17 I asked my father what was a republican? Because the TV was talking about tax credits for the rich (that supply 50% of the jobs in America, government makes NOTHING!!) And I knew I wasn't apart of that group, we grew up in a house that was slim on money (dad was in the army, 4-kids). But that day I said I want to be a Republican, I wanted to be in that group, it gave me a target to strive for, it IS the American dream and HARD WORK is what put America on the map. Now, 5 businesses later, I'm not Rich, y'all have seen my budget boat, I'm too scared (there is a lot on the line) to buy something expensive right now. We live pay check to paycheck sometimes, all of our cars were bought used. What I do know is I WRITE BIG CHECKS EVERY MONTH and I keep the scraps it feels like. My gas bills (truck,car and boat, not including my wife's truck) for the month reach $600-$700. I directly help 4-other local companies stay alive..I do all of this without the governments help..you know why?? Because Its my life, its my business..Its my hard work. I don't need big brother coming in and TELLING me I'm making to much money and I need to spread that wealth to others that sit at home and watch TV, we give very well to our church and others. Do I want or need a TAX break for the RICH..YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DO! If I'm carrying all these companies and helping all of these people, and helping my local economy, I deserve it and need help. And That's through HARD WORK not just holding my hand out. I will only dump it right back into the economy, jump starting it back to where it once was. The Gov is only there to be working behind the scenes on what we agree on..NOT DRIVING THE BUS. Thats our job. Lets just say (in case you missed it) if this tread was a baseball game, I would be on 1st base not 3rd. lol. Drink well my friends.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub