Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Turkey looks awesome, Okie. What kind of wood did you flavor it with?

I primarily cooked with hickory, but I threw in apple chunks throughout the cooking to add some additional flavor.

Good lookin' bird, Okie. Did you pick up much flavor from all the goodies in the pan below?

A half full glass and a full bottle - what else ya gonna do while that tasty turkey is resting in the background???
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Exactly....good eye!

It didn't seem to pick up much flavor but that wasn't really the idea. The pan of goodies served the roles of moisture for the cooking area and collector of yummy juices. I strained off the liquid and used it to make our gravy. I had more than enough so I put some in containers in the freezer so I have some stock to use for other things down the road. The juice had an awesome flavor between all the goodies inside and the drippings from the turkey.

Good stuff guys!!!

We did the traditional thanksgiving meal with stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, etc..... (no pics, nothing exciting)

For Christmas, I threw a couple whole chickens on the spit along with some chopped potatoes and veggies in a foil pan, and green beans with some good seasoning (see beer thread). The chicken on the left is seasoned with Pineapple Head and Arizona Heat, and the chicken on the right is seasoned with Three Little Pigs Poultry seasoning