Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    96Comp Guest

Default Alternative to Boatmate Trailers

Does anyone know a good alternative to Boatmate trailers for an older Supra? I have not found one and Boatmate does not appear to want any private party business. Must be nice to be immune from recessionary economy.

They will not compete with local dealers selling their trailers.

that's pretty standard. i ran into the same issue when i bought my trailer and it isn't a boatmate.

96Comp Guest

Interesting. Never argued about the price and paid cash. Getting it built is another matter. Guess when you are the only supplier for Skier's Choice, Malibu, etc. really don't need the secondary market business. OK -- if this is the business practice, then it's the practice. Thanks for the feedback!

Alot of vendors for boat manufacturers have agreements to be strictly an original equipment manufacturer for the boat manufacturers. XTP, for example, can't sell a wakeboard tower for a Supra or Moomba to retail or dealers, only to Skiers Choice. Boatmate probably has a similar agreement. You shouldn't rule them out because of that, Boatmate makes a really high quality product.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

96Comp Guest

I suspect that my order is gumming up the works and delivery schedule for new boats. I realize that Boatmate makes a fantastic product and I definately do not want my as-new condition old boat flopping around on an ill-fitted trailer! I plan to stick with them and wait this out.

What happened to Sweetwater trailers? Are they still in business? I love mine, but it is getting a little rusty. Well, maybe more than a little!

96Comp Guest

Sweetwater is still around, but they make cable trailers. I picked up the new Boatmate in TN yesterday. It was worth the wait! While at the factory, I saw how busy they are. They dug out the old specs and made a great tandem axle trailer for me. If you want to replace, I can definately recommend Boatmate. Since each trailer is custom, you may have to wait, but the trailer will fit the hull. While in Maryville, drop by Viper Customs for some spare parts!

96 -
    how did you get it directly from Boatmate? I thought they only sold through dealers?
    thanx
    2007 Moomba Outback
    Why Not? Play Hard! Get WET.....

96Comp Guest

They will sell to you. Talk to Owen. However, they have contracts with manufacturers that need to be honored so your production date may slip. You are responsible for shipment and temp tags. I drove mine home tagless. I know I sounded dubious in previous posts, but they really did a great job and seeing their operation makes you understand that they are not set up for individual retail business but will do it. Owen will explain two base prices one for single one for tandem. Both are pretty well equipped. By the way if anyone needs an F-2 Jack, I have one from my old trailer.