Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

what'd you "chase" them cracks with?? Got some of my own....
    90 Conbrio

i dug them out with a die grinder with a cone shaped burr tool. just ran it along the crack down to the fiberglass then went back with my da sander and widened them out a little more then smothed them out with some fibergass renforeced body filler then finished smoothing it down wirth regular body filler.

After revisiting this thread and re-reading my responce, I forgot to add the reason for my crappy running points. Adjusting the points is real easy (I can do it after 15-beers,lol) Weather your having problems or not Its a VERY good idea to change these out quick! What people overlook is (like my boat) the lobe on the distributor that opens and closes the points was worn down. Meaning that they will never operate correctly again without replacing the distributor. And most light mechanics and even good mechanics will not check this or overlook it. So replacing these should be a high priority. The difference is incredible!! Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

to touch on that i got to looking at my distributor and WAM! somebody put a mallory marine unit on the boat so yay saved me some coin

so i've decided to have my boat wraped. not all of it but the blue part instead of paint. anyone ever done this?

As I read your last post, I thought a new wrap on an older boat might give it a nice face lift. Also burry the years of abuse from the sun on the old gel coat.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

here is a thread about it and a pic to wet your appetite

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ight=boat+wrap

Hope that helps you a bit. I think in the end everyone decided going to a local 3M dealer would be cheapest. Thats what I figured anyway

well its been a while since i've had a chance to work on the boat but over the past weekend i was able to get a little work done. plus i rewired the radio and ran new speaker wires. as you can see i did some fiberglass work to fix were the power pole fell on the boat. nothing majob but ground out the bad and reglassed it back to new. and while i was changing the oil i decided some of the bracketry needed some fresh paint to clean the motor up and so i yanked all that out. plan on pulling the valve covers and sandblasting them also. o and my pawpaw helped me plane down the wood and varnish it.

my dog soco aproving of my "fresh air" paint booth

apologize for the night pics but thats just when i had time tonight to take pics