Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

and of course nothing ever goes smooth with a boat. so when i decided to change the spark plugs tuesday afternoon apperently i did understand how strong i was cause SNAP!

for those wondering what this pic is. well its what was left of the number 6 sparkplug. was siezed in the head and snaped off. luckly all the porcilen (spelling) came out. so a few days of pb blaster and a little torch action and a new set of ez-outs and a little more muscle and ........

keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it when i can do this again.

Looks like good times! I'm just east of you on Wheeler Lake. I used to spend a lot of time in Second Creek in Rogersville.
    2005 Supra Comp LTS

thats cool. i spend alot of time on wheeler now thanx to my job. work at Skiers Marine North in athens. should come by and check us out

Quote Originally Posted by jsandy View Post
    thats cool. i spend alot of time on wheeler now thanx to my job. work at Skiers Marine North in athens. should come by and check us out

I stopped in there as Chad was opening up shop back a few months ago. Chad and his Dad, Rett are good folks. I worked out at Alabama Watersports closer to Rogersville before they closed. It's D&D Marine now. I've gotta stop in and get Chad to order me a knob screw thing for my tower in the next few days.
    2005 Supra Comp LTS

advise you stay away from Comp models unless you are a dedicated slalom skier. They are a tournament ski boat which means they sit really low in the water and they are designed to make a minimally small wake....
    Last edited by tg0824SSVGG; 03-26-2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: removed the spam link - this will generate a ban

Heres PROOF that comps ARE alot of fun, you can sac them out 1700-1800lbs, you can take them out in 3'-5' waves, YOU CAN WAKEBOARD BEHIND THEM (who would have thought??) Its no XSTAR but either is yours!! And you dont here us slamming your boat. Probably 50-70% of wakeboarders cant do 22-23 mph, they cant hit the wake heelside and toeside with full ballast!! So in reality (yes, mine) this boat would be a great fit for MOST boarders.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

As anyone will see from pics of my boat thread. I was riding behind a 15 foot runabout with a 55 hp outboard motor.

You can wakeboard behind almost anything. If someone has not purchase "almost anything" all ready, then they can try to make a better choice. If you had to choose between a sunsport or a comp and your primary goal was wakeboarding then we should all agree that the Sunsport would satisfy more people in that department.

This is NOT to rip on a comp. I owned a Nautique that is very comparable to a comp. It worked great, but at the end of the day when I needed more room I upgraded to the sunsport.

Both boats are great boats, and the comp can be used for everything the sunsport is used for. But you will be giving up things. Things like open bow, storage, seating space, freeboard, staying dry on windy days, etc.......

I know Jet is passionate about his comp. And with his addition planned for the summer I am sure he will be showing a lot of people how his comp can hang and still make a great wake. But my Sunport is still better
    Last edited by stinky_1; 03-26-2011 at 10:36 PM.

I know..I know..Im just tired of hearing it on my supra board. How boat the comp is good but the sunsport is better. evil grin!! That was a good comeback stinky..I'll kill you later. Oh, and you know what they say about guys and there BIG boats..I got you beat.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Default Put a Deposit on a 88' Supra Saltare Today

I am getting back into boating myself. Mailed my deposit on a beautiful 88' Supra Saltare. She has just 274 hours and is super clean all the way around. The 454 will suck some gas, but you have to pay to play! Can anyone give me some tips on how to winterize this properly? I am also looking for information on how to change the impeller before I put it in the water in May. Please send me a few leads if you can. I would like to work on this myself as I am a backyard mechanic. Thank you!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    ...Oh, and you know what they say about guys and there BIG boats..I got you beat.
    My wife reminds me all the time about that. "you dont have any problems in the size department so why do you even bother trying to prove anything to these guys"

I never noticed those saltys had a double captains seat. I really like that idea! I wonder if I can make it work in my supra? It would come in handy a lot with our younger children.