Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

How about an 85 sunsport, and a 90 sunsport (both 20'), no swing away tongue and a merc in the corner??

I doubt a college student is worried about if the boat will fit in his garage though. And when it is time to buy a house he prolly wont have the comp anymore anyway.

All i know is I'm glad I ended up with a Saltare. Plenty of room, feels huge inside compared to my old 21' I/O, and despite the boat being 2' longer than my I/O it actually takes up a lot less space in the yard due to the trailer design, and if I removed the platform it would really shorten up the package. Can't fit in the garage because it's too wide, but such is life. For not it gets stored outside over winter since I can't justify the cost of storage (college student here, storage would be $230-$300/mo).

I was considering a SN2001 before this, but kept getting hung up on closed bow, narrow, and no room. Granted I usually only have 4 people in the boat, but it's nice when more people come along. No worried about stowing gear, food, drinks, or people.

My advice to the OP is to keep your eyes open for a larger boat, open bow, more freeboard or some combination thereof. Still have a couple months before people get the itch and prices go up.

96Comp Guest

Talking about Supras and Comps here - will never end! The Comp on a fold tongue trailer is 20'5" without swim platform. Fits in my garage straight back and you can walk around it. The old trailer had to go in at an angle, but still fit. That was the excuse I used to get the new trailer! Safety was the rationale for the tandem axle, since she will tow it when I am away. See, Hun, I am only thinking about you! Damn I am a good husband!

blah blah (post edited) hold out for the SunSport if you dont ski.
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 12-13-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

actually i already own my house. long story but yea homeowner. and as far as garage storage it wont be an issue my parents are older and live on the river about 8 miles away from me and have a very large empty garage at there house that i can store it at. but to update i went to look at the comps both very nice boats but have decided to listen to all of your advice and hold out for a sunsport or just a more wakeboard appropriate boat. and in doing so i have found an 91 sunsport that is in my wheelhouse of price/quality. bad part is that it is in fort walton about 6 hours away from me

Did you take a look at the ads for the 2 I posted above as well? I am not sure your talking about either of them.

I drove for 3 days to pick my boat up. But the price was definitely right on it. Its a buyers market right now, just remember that his asking price is not necessarily the price you have to pay. Maybe try to remind him that you have to drive for 6 hours just to have a look, so you want to share that cost of fuel and such with him in the price (discount off asking price), or try to have him meet you half way.

If your lakes are not frozen I would recommend a lake test as well. You can always wear a winter jacket if the wind is cold, but it helps give you piece of mind on the purchase.

Dont forget to post pics up afterwards!

yep the blue one in GA is the one i'm wanting to go look at. love the color, i absolutly hate the color red (or crimson if you live in bama) int is nice and motor is lowish miles 550. now just to convince my gf to ride with me 6 hours to take a ride in a boat when it is a heigh of 30 degrees. time to test the love i guess

I am more partial to the blue as well. I have seen that red look really really good (for red), but would prefer the blue too.

Something to keep in mind is that the price is a little less, and it has a tower on it. Plus the speakers and such. So, for something that is within your budget it is ready to go now (red or not).

You can always put a tower on the blue one though, but it will cost you another $800+ if you can do it yourself or $1200+ if you need someone else to do it for you. I would try to find out why he says the current trailer is not ready for a long trip. And then see about negotiating the "other" trailer into the price of $5000 if he is not willing to move at all.

And let us all know how it goes! Take lots of pics and have a fun road trip. If you make a weekend of it you could have a lot of fun, and get a boat out of the whole thing

well he agreed to meet halfway so i guess we will see. think sat will be a beautiful day for a rd trip

That says a lot if they are willing to meet you. At least he is confident in what he is trying to sell. Otherwise I wouldn't think he would be willing to drive it anywhere