Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not sure. I can see the bar was originally red. I am assuming it was the same one that Dusty has on his. ( Oh wait....not Dusty. He is "Boatless for now") Then they painted it white and painted over the lenses. I am assuming they disconnected the lights due to the heat on the paint. I stripped the paint off and reconnected the lights.

There are 2 set screws on top of the bar that hold the lights in. Loosen them and the lights drop out. Then you can disconnect the lens from the light itself. Then you can duplicate the light plate and reconnect the lens.

Shouldn't be hard for a country boy like yourself, but then again, you are from Arkansas.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

^ Funny guy, huh? I will pull it apart and check it out. Seems simple enough. "How many guys does it take to change a light bulb .....". Ha.

I was wondering how you came about a white roswell bar. I'd never seen one. I like the white, looks clean.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Yea, I swapped one of those scooters I had for it. It worked out good. The white matches pretty good.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Has anyone replaced the courtesty lights in the roswell light bar. I'm referring to the lights that shine down into the boat. I would like to change these out for red ones to match the boat but not sure how big of a project we are talking.
    If your referring to the courtesy lights, they are pretty simple cut and splice, but you most likely will have to take the light bar down unless you have a shorty allen wrench. Screw (topside) preloads the light assy in place. The light assemblies are sealed units so changing boards isn't going to be an easy task.

OK..you mean a led on the inside of the speaker cover?? Walk all of us thru it and post some pics.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Another idea is to use the $3 superflux lights from oznium. Drill a hole in the bottom of each speaker can and flush mount the LED into it, facing down. Those lights are VERY bright and could be used as replacements for the others.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Here is a pic of the old one. The URL is still active, but looks like they concentrate on bikes these days. Looks like a pretty straight forward replacement if you can get the right LEDs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sluggo; 01-01-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    2005 22 SSV GG