Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Opinions on new Dodge Ram Trucks?

Anyone have any feedback on the new Dodge Ram trucks (1500). They're running some awesome specials right now at a local dealer and between my current truck's equity and the rebates I could knock over $20K off a new truck. I've seen reviews that look good and I know the 2010 has won quite a few awards. Any thoughts any of you can share?

I wouldn't be caught pulling the boat or car trailer with one of those. I would always be worried about it breaking down, and everytime I have driven one it always seems to be searching for gears and gets single digit MPG. Always low on power.

F150 or Silverado/Sierra would be a much better choice.
    -1989 Supra Conbrio

I disagree with Bama. I would love to have new Ram. I currently have the 05 Ram with the Hemi. The new ones have more power, more torque, and have the MDS, to save mileage. I must admit, pulling my 22 Sunsport V drive I average about 11 or 12 MPG, but never in the single digits. You may see slightly better mileage with the new engine, and mine doesn't have the MDS...they started that in 2006. It pulls it with plenty of power. The only thing to consider is if you wanted to step up to a diesel engine. It just wasn't worth it to me. I would not hesitate to get one. Good luck, let us know what you decide!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Not sure on the 2010 or newer's quality, I did have a talk with my Toyota dealer about Dodges deals lately and all he could say was "they're dropp'in their pants." Tons of them on the roads up here in Ontario, must say something...I always thought the tranny was Chrysler's weak point, maybe that's changed...
    90 Conbrio

Went and drove one yesterday. Man, awesome ride. It was kind of weird without the rear leaf spring feel. Power is awesome. Features are nice. Deals are good and it is very tempting. Like I had said, online reviews are really good. It seems like a solid truck. Just have to decide if it is worth the extended payments. My current truck will be paid off in about 10 months.

I know there are plenty of people who've had success with Dodge trucks, but stereotypically, they've had reliability issues. They've always been the least expensive truck you can buy, and personally, I think there's a reason for that. Just something to consider.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Pulled the trigger. The wife now has a nice new truck to drive. I feel like it was a good deal and should be a good truck. It's nice to have the piece of mind of a warranty to cover things for the next few years.

Here's a few pictures...

Congrats on the new truck! It's sharp looking. Is that red or maroon?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Nice lookin rig. My 04 Ram still (130k) runs like when I got her (12k).

Ya know, a true Supra owner woulda bought a blue truck to match his boat...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Kinda looks like a Sooner's truck......Nice work
    90 Conbrio