Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

titan,

They call it Inferno Red. Kind of in between red and maroon and has a bit of a candy apple red feel to it.

sybr,

LOL! Color choices were a little limited and they're blue is quite a bit different than the Supra blue.

maple,

Ya know, I didn't really consider that, but you're right. I guess all the local Sooner fans will love me eh? Kinda helps this USC supporting California boy blend in a little.

That is a beauty! I used to have a 2001 1500 and did not have any issues with it. It towed the old boat just fine, but that was only a 19 1/2 foot direct drive. I really enjoyed that truck and I am sure you will enjoy yours as well.
    2006 Launch 21 V

Congrats...I am jealous!! I love my 05 Ram...haven't had any issues. I am sure you will be pleased!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

jay,

What rear end gear ratio does yours have and how much does your boat weigh (total trailering weight)?

I had to buy a new to me truck recently and a Ford dealership in Dallas had a killer deal on a 2006 Ram 1500 Hemi. I talked around to some people and I got alot of negative comments but it seemed like all the people who trashed them never owner one. It was always "My buddy has one of those and it's always in the shop". My g/fs dad owns an 05 1500 with the 4.7 that has 110,000 miles on it and he used to pull his 9,500 lb travel trailer with it and it has not had any issues (the recently upgraded to a 2500 diesel, still have the 1500 tho). Everyone I talked to who owns has had nothing bad to say. So to make a long story end, I bought it. Had 55k miles on it when I bought and it did has a problem with the IPC and the HVAC box but the dealer fixed both issues for me free of charge. Pulls the boat without a problem.

All I will buy is Dodge. Sure the Fords and Chevs have there diehard fans but to me the proof is in owning them. I have had every generation but the fourth. Love the diesels the most but keep in mind I use them like a work truck.

Comming out of the quarry with a combined weight of 22 500 lbs on the truck and trailer and still able to get 15 MPG.... Not to bad for one of those junky ol Dodges, yep she is a 95 2500 series long box extended cab 4x4 with only 650 000 kms on the clock.

Not to say you wont have some issues but the 02 to present 1500 series truck. They are very reliable and the trans are almost as dependable as the Allison in the Chev, but without the 6000 price tag to rebuild....

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

I was always a Chevy guy, but in July 2009 I bought this...
    It's the Hemi, Supercab sport. Still get's 22 MPG on the freeway, 12-13 towing the boat. It does have the MDS, and rides liek a sports car. Only complaint I would have is the cargo capacity. A heavy load in the back really lets you know it is there. no problem whatsoever towing the boat though....
    Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

seabeejamie.jpg
    Jamie Warwick
    Rowlett Texas
    2002 Supra Launch 22

Nice...matches the boat well.

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    Nice lookin rig. My 04 Ram still (130k) runs like when I got her (12k).

Ya know, a true Supra owner woulda bought a blue truck to match his boat...
    Was just looking back this thread, and got a kick outta Mike's comment....He's right, Guess I'll start lookin for a pink Tundra.
    90 Conbrio

Actually that dal went south. There were some issues with financing and they waned me to agree to other terms a few weeks after the fact when they were struggling to get it bought at the terms they offered. I wouldn't agree to anything besides what was offered so we did an unwind and I took the truck back.

It was a bummer because the whole deal was what worked for me, especially the huge rebates and good price they gave me.

I've been looking around since then and we just recently got into a used Avalanche.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...?t=8778&page=3
    Last edited by Okie Boarder; 06-22-2011 at 05:19 PM.