Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have an 08 Burb with the 5.3 - I traded my 03 F250 off on it a couple years back... shouldn't have done that! Love the burb but with all it's weight it does pretty good - it's when you add the boat to it that it is workin that motor out...
    If they only made a Diesel Burb...!!! the 7.3 in my ford got around 20 ( towing)
    - this thing...not so much. I added a Bullydog downloader which helps alot - but once you've pulled with a diesel - gas is a step back...
    suspension is fine - did a brake upgrade to EBC rotors and yellowstuff pads - I'm happy for now...
    05' Launch 22SSV
    Saepe Expertus - Semper Fidelis - Fratres Aeterni

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 and it tows great, I did ad air lift air bags to the rear ($100) best investment i made. As far as reliability mine did break down at 12k miles, starter went out. Also has the upper steering shaft replaced at 36k miles right before the warranty expired. It now has 40k miles and no other complaints so far. I do think the paint on the new ones is a little cheap it chips easily. The ride quality and power are very good. I average about 18mpg on the highway and 12 towing.

I also have a 2012 Ram 1500. No doubt well-made interior, clever storage spaces, powerful V8 as well as lots of interior space. Overall is good but one thing I mostly irritate with a poor base model engine with poor gas mileage.

I own a landscape design company and over the past 15 years in business I have had dodge, chevy,Toyota , and ford. Ill tell you what you get what you pay for. Maintenance and reliability wise ford is by far the best truck on the market. I have had very little problems with fords. Chevys where not bad but didnt have the capacity the fords have. Dodge trucks start to rattle and then all the problems start. I have a family member that works for a dealer that sells them all and he tell me that ford parts sold is way less then any of the others. My new personal truck has the Ecoboost and it has unbelievable power and gets great gas mileage. Get a ford and this is coming from someone who has employees who beat on my trucks.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the 5.7.....its a good truck. I had a 2010 Chevy Avalanche that other than tires and general maintenance it was good until the 100K warranty was about up. The engine rattled at start horribly. Also have a new Yukon XL that has been serviced to a top that just had a complete new crate motor put in it from GM, bad engine. I decided a few months ago it was time to move from GM products, reason for getting a RAM. Ford was my second option.....and I didn't go there due to the fact they only offered a 60K powertrain warranty and the 2 trucks equipped close to the same, the Ford was $7400 higher in price. I have had 3 other Rams in the past....a 2003 crew, and (2) 2004 Rams, all purchased new and serviced as they should have been and all of them ran pretty much flawlessly. Power steering pump went on one of them seems to be the only thing I can recall. Bottom line today, they all are pretty much gonna be the same other than the name plate on the tailgate.....its all in your maintenance and how you treat it.

Ha sorry I have to post this movie quote.
    Tommy: Let’s think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I’m listening.
    Tommy: Here’s the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box ’cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: ‘Course it does. Why shouldn’t it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
    [chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What’s your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn’t a crazy glue sniffer? “Building model airplanes” says the little fairy; well, we’re not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that’s all it takes. The next thing you know, there’s money missing off the dresser, and your daughter’s knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shi*. That’s all it is, isn’t it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer’s sake, for your daughter’s sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers