Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can have 20 people come in this thread and say what they think sounds good or is overkill. Until you hear if for yourself, you'll never know. My expectations may be higher then the next guys'.

If you don't do it right the first time, you'll be sorry. I've got a customer that had 4 JL Audio 6 channel amps. Now he's decided to sell all of them and replace with 3 Wet Sounds amps. He's losing a ton of money on those amps because he didn't plan better.

Chose wisely. If there's a local dealer or another person with the speakers you are considering, I highly recommend you listen to all the options first. I can tell you this, everyone that's heard the Wet Sounds in my area, have bought them.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Jonyb, I think that's where I'm getting stuck. I live in Morgantown WV and don't know of any dealers close to here. I've been going back and forth on the Moomba boards with David from Earmark and Brian at Exile with tons of useful info. It sounds like from their responses I'd be best suited w 4 Exile Sxt65's or 4 of the Bullet Hollow point 770's. Like I said in the OP, I'm not looking to throw sound a 100 feet back just good mid bass and clarity for cabin passengers and back to surfing area! I really appreciate everyones help and responses, especially since this is the umpteenth thousandth post on tower speakers.

Are you looking at 770 coaxial or HLCD? Their HLCD setup will be one of the loudest out there. Sounds like 770 coaxial would really for the bill for you. Just make sure they are properly amped. I know david likes to run a pair of JL mono blocks to them. I had 4 of the 6.5 coaxials and they sounded GREAT at surf and could be heard at riding distance.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I think the coaxials would do the job, especially after seeing youtube videos of the HLCD's and crystal clear sound at over a 100 feet!! Do you guys know if the coaxials have similar sound characteristics, just don't project as far?

From my understanding, bullet is one of the cleanest sounding speakers out there. I loved my 6.5's and I'm sure the 7.7 are even better and would have more bass.

Of course I am a little bias since I chose them but I also think the bullet is the cleanest looking design. Simple and clean.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Have to admit, I have been behind KG's boat. It sounded great. Loud as hell.

Only complaint was that he often swiched the radio from music to play some damn worthless pig college football.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Gotta go with wetsounds in my opinion... I'll never buy anything else..

If you want the best...loudest..sickest... WETSOUND'S.. I have the pro 485's and I drown out everybody that's around me! And the bad thing about it I didnt even have it all the way turned up!

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    From my understanding, bullet is one of the cleanest sounding speakers out there. I loved my 6.5's and I'm sure the 7.7 are even better and would have more bass.

Of course I am a little bias since I chose them but I also think the bullet is the cleanest looking design. Simple and clean.
    Agree with KG but then again, I did this whole pondering and research thing a year ago and decided on the Bullet 770's. Love em!

WS, Bullet, Exile, Samson - can't go wrong with any of them.

Decide on what your goal is (great sound floating in a cove, surfing 10ft back, or wakeboarding/skiing 80ft back and that will direct you to the right application). Just my .02.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    Why Not? Play Hard! Get WET.....

I have had wetsounds any many others but I think the best is NVS AUDIO ..
    There not cheap but if you want the best on the market check them out...

http://www.nvs1.net/tower_speakers.html
    Last edited by Swamplandkarl; 01-17-2011 at 09:58 PM.