Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tower speaker choices HELP!!

Ok I'm currently in the market for some tower speakers, and have been trying do my research by reading up till I'm nauseous!! I've looked at Wetsounds packages (double up and 3 some), I've also considered 4 6x9's looking at offerings from Wetsounds and Polk and would do a Liquid trends box. I want to be somewhat cost conscious but still have great sound. I just bought the boat last summer (2000 Supra Santera) and right now would say it's a 70/30 split with partying in the coves and riding. I replaced the cabin speakers w 4 Polk Db651's and really like them so far. I want something that is more in the middle, not killing passengers in the boat but good for the days were anchored and tied up with friends. I think that some of the Wetsounds combos or HLCD might be overkill for what we currently do. Thoughts or suggestions, not trying to start a what's best argument, just looking for some expert advice. (paging jonyb) hahaha

If you think they may be overkill.....then they will. Wetsounds are crazy loud. Sounds like 4 good quality components will do. I have experience with Polk and kicker and I like them both. Polk for sound and Kicker for volume.

Just get you a quality set and put some money in a high end amp. That sounds like all you will need.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Is there a vast difference in Polk MM and Db series?? Looked at the Wetsounds 696, looks like it may be the middle ground between full HLCD and components.

The wetsounds will hold up a lot better in the elements than the others. I was going to suggest them as well. If you aren't super picky about the sound then I would think they would be a good choice. A buddy of mine runs them in his roswell bar and loves them. He replaced his Kickers with them and hasn't had any regrets. When I replace mine I will probably go that route.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Have you heard the WS 696's in persons? I think theyre like 599 a pair on the site, not sure if you've seen them any better somewhere?

Default Wet sounds

I started out with the wet sounds double up and was very unhappy with them. The mb8 is worthless in my opinion. Sold it and replaced it with a set of pro 80's mixed with the pro 60's. Sounds better than anything I hear on the water. Not cheap though.

Looking at the site, looks like I could do 4 696's for 300 cheaper than the double up. Anyone have experience with those? Haven't gotten much input on the 696's. Seems like more often they choose a Pro 80 or 60

Have you looked at exiles?

I've been looking at WS, Exiles and a few others, just so much info to decipher it's hard to choose. Would be much easier if the bank account was bottomless and have had personal experience with any of them. That's why I was trying to get some opinions.

BadBlu ... have you looked at the Samson speakers at samsonsports.com?

They have just come out with a "horn based" tower speaker that I hear is
    very good ...

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.