Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roswell speaker performance

How do the Roswell tower speakers sound that come with some of the Supras? What do they compare to?
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Travis -- they sound "ok" -- but I want better than that, so I am replacing my tower speakers -- I have the light bar for sale ... (hint hint).

I could never get it so that someone surfing could actually hear the stereo clearly.

They are just not made for "projecting" ... I had some DIFFERENT Roswell speakers on the old boat (Vamp Spin Pro) that were better, but still don't touch the sound put out by a horn based speaker ...

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Can't speak for the news ones but my Roswell bar came with the Kenwoods that were in the boat also.

Last summer I had 6.5" Bullet Coaxials in them and they sounded GREAT at surfing distance. I could hear them at wakeboarding distance, they just weren't loud like an HLCD.

Once again, not positive on the new ones, but my older style Roswell bar has lights that shine down into the cabin (courtesy lights) that i absolutely love. Plus the surfing lights are an added bonus.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Travis -- they sound "ok" -- but I want better than that, so I am replacing my tower speakers -- I have the light bar for sale ... (hint hint).

I could never get it so that someone surfing could actually hear the stereo clearly.

They are just not made for "projecting" ... I had some DIFFERENT Roswell speakers on the old boat (Vamp Spin Pro) that were better, but still don't touch the sound put out by a horn based speaker ...

Todd
    Bummer, thats pretty crudy if they cant even project out at surfing distance. Are they kenwood speakers in the cans? what brand?
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

My year it was Roswell. I think in 07 or 08 it switched to Kicker. Know i believe it is MB Quartz?

Are you looking to buy a roswell bar? I think you will def want to chose the speaker you put in there if it is possible to buy it without the speakers.

Not sure what you are trying to get into.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I don't have any experience with Roswell, but I think some of you may be overlooking one aspect of driving these speakers. Horn speakers are generally more efficient and can handle more power.... I have cheap Kicker 6x9s in my tower and can hear them clearly at surf speed, wakeboard speed and have had WetSounds owners ask me how they sound so good. The secret? TONS of power.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Good point Wotan. Even with my 6.5" coaxials, i was pushing the max they were rated at. 100w per speaker for a total of 400w.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Travis, don't know what you're looking to do, but honestly buying the Roswell bar (no matter what speakers are loaded) wouldn't be the best choice compared to what you're gonna spend on a good set of aftermarket can's and speakers.

If you need more advice you can PM me.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Try wakeskishop.com

The Alpha 1 Horn System incorporates the Kicker KM6500.2 series mid range speaker and horn loaded compression driver component system. This high efficiency marine component system puts the music out where the rider is! Manufactured using advanced materials and construction techniques to maintain optimal performance for years to come.

•Two(2) 6.5" midbass.midrange drivers
    •Two(2) 1.7" compression horn drivers (HLCD)
    •200 watts RMS / 400 watts peak power handling
    •Custom clamps machined to fit any tower
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anybody tried these?? Any reviews yet? Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub