Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Toronto Boat Show 2011

Made it out for the last day at this yrs boat show.Only 2 Supra's, 242 World's, 20V launch series.....6 Moomba's right next door that looked good and a really big showing from Axis with like 7 or 8 boats.
    Walked around the 242, what a difference from my old Conbrio in size alone. Kinda got the new boat bug sitting behind the wheel, have only experienced some newer MC's and a Wakesetter.
    Hopefully Doug reads this and I get a chance to ride in a '09 next season.....
    BTW a 2 1/2 yr old boy can be hard to keep track of at a boat show!!!!
    90 Conbrio

Last year we took our 4 kids with us to the boat show. They were jumping in and out of every boat they could see.

I was standing next to the boat when I heard.... RRRRRRRRR VROOOOOM!

Look over and sure enough my 2 year old son is behind the wheel with a HUGE smile on his face.

We shut the boat off and took off into the vendors sections trying to hide in shame.

This year it will be just my wife and I going. Hopefully axis brings their boats out. I wanted to have a look at those up close.

Did you get any pics from the show?

Supra, Moomba, Mastercraft, & Axis all had good showings (drool) at the show here in Houston last week. All the dealers were a little more upbeat than last year (no surprise).

I was crawling around underneath with my tape measure checking out wakeplate travel, paddlewheel locations, etc. Once the SC guys found out I was just shopping for ideas on my rebuild, they dissappeared. However at the Axis booth, the sales guy went and got the president of Axis Boats who was more than willing to chat about my Supra project. Of course, Axis is based in Texas so not too surprised to find the company president here, but flattered that he was willing to take such time with an obvious non-customer.

Seeing all those great boats sure got the new boat fever going, but seeing those "boat show special prices" sure got me reinvigorated to finish my cash restoration.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

waking up this am, I agree, I'm still very eager to invest in the boat I already own...
    90 Conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by stinky_1 View Post

I was standing next to the boat when I heard.... RRRRRRRRR VROOOOOM!

Look over and sure enough my 2 year old son is behind the wheel with a HUGE smile on his face.

We shut the boat off and took off into the vendors sections trying to hide in shame.
    Ha! This is hilarious. I can't believe they leave the keys in the boat, though! Right?

My 3 yr old was running through the 100k cobalts and nautiques like they were a jungle gym while i stood there trying to decide if i was supposed to take my shoes off or not ...
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I give TWO-THUMBS UP for Axis!! Quality-great! size-perfect! wake-good enough for me! Wedge-very cool! cool factor WAY-COOOL!! price-AFFORDABLE!! These guys have really listened or got the market right. My boat of choice if I had a blank check. Let the stoning begin.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    I give TWO-THUMBS UP for Axis!! My boat of choice if I had a blank check. Let the stoning begin.
    I agree with Axis doing a great job to fill that market, but a blank check to me would be a loaded 2011 RZ2

I agree that axis has done a great job. And if your in the market for a brand new boat they are a cost effective way to go.

I look at it from a car perspective though. I can buy a BRAND NEW Toyota Corolla or for the same money I can buy a couple year old LEXUS.

At the end of the day, which way do you go? I was more partial to a few year old malibu, Nautique or Supra for the same price. I never was much of a guy for a warranty.

There is for sure a hole in the market that they fill. I hope to have a closer look at what they have in a couple weeks when the show hits calgary.

thanks for sharin guys great stories. Love the boat starting and the axis pres wow!~
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Default Houston

Dang,

I was at the Houston Show the first weekend. Sorry I missed you. Our VP of Sales was at the show the second weekend. One of us deserves a BUTT chewing for not working with you on your project. Our apologies,

Rick