Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone going to be at the Arkansas show this weekend with Diamond Lake?
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Default Arkansas

Callie Hardwick, our inside sales manager will be there. Say hello.

Default Axis???

Not sure what all the fuss is about the Axis? Give me a Moomba any day! Maybe the Axis' I saw at the Atlanta show weren't all decked out, but they looked like an entry level wake boat. Moomba looks like it's a definite step up from Axis. That line is getting better every year.

I guess I was most impressed with the interior of the MC...the use of different vinyls and stitching was very cool and innovative. Some of the MC towers are a little too "Industrial" looking and I think will look dated soon after. I think MC is over the top in the use of almost a "Goth" look in the use of aluminum accents. Again...soon to be dated looking.

In regards to the Malibu...the Malibu VLX at 21' seemed to have so much more interior room than my 21V. Overall probably the most clean and beautiful interiors on the market.

Atlanta Marine had an impressive display for Supra & Moomba. Seemed to have more boats and one of the biggest crowds. Hats off to them for making a good showing in a tough economy. I just wasn't thrilled at they way some of the Supra interiors have changed. Seats didn't seem to be the big padded type...just kinda cold and hard. Not really inviting. Looks like a step back from my '06. No tower innovations that I could tell. The new tower still looks like it's two towers pieced together to me. Oh, and will Supra please put in snap in carpet!

To make a long story longer...I still love my '06 21V! And for what it's worth, for the money, I still don't think you can go wrong with a Supra! These were just some miscellaneous ramblings of an old man that just can't wait to get back on the water.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

No problems, Rick. I was there during the week, so would have missed you both anyways. I thought SC had a great display & still some of the sharpest looking boats around. Thanks for making the trip & hope you both had fun while in H-town.

If you still feel guilty & want to help... Maybe you can offer an un-official factory suggestion as to how much (if any) downward travel past horizontal I should design into my new electrically actuated wakeplate and a good location under the hull for a paddlewheel speedo pick-up on an 89 Saltare.

Thanks.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

All of the Axis talk is because we are happy that "A" boat mfr LISTENED to what most of us were thinking or looking for. A NEW boat that didnt set you back $80,000-$110,000 dollars..REALLY?? Thats like someone making a toaster that sells for $1000 with shiny rhinestones (yes, I know what rhinestones are)on it and then says it makes better toast. LMAO. Yes the new boats are cool and shiny, but you dont want to loose your house paying for it. You want to throw some money at it, take your family out and have fun. If wakeboarding cost me $80,000 plus food,gas,beer,oil,tires,batterys,beer,dinners,xtra food for friends,beer and Im up to $$$, Its not fun anymore. What you can do is buy a nice used $25k-$35k boat, throw some weight in it and your good..thats fun. And if you can buy a brand new boat with STUNNING COOOL looks for $49k thats just a little stretch..no big deal. I just saw all the new shiny paint Moomba is putting on there boats..pretty cool, (I still love my buddies all white 08'??) but! I have been on a lot of moombas and the wakes are pretty mellow..not bad just mellow and had to add alot of weight to them. IMHO Moomba has had a vanilla reputation..with a vanilla simple look..and thats nice (I LIKE MOOMBA'S-SO NO NASTY EMAILS PLEASE,LOL) but its not cool. The Axis has like 1000lbs plus the wedge so no need to add floor weight (yes, you can but not needed) and I have seen the wake and Its NICE. I know Moomba Isnt far off of Axis and the interior in the Axis is just simple but it works and is built nicely and has lots of really cool usable functions..like the led trailer runway lights that are on a float switch so they come on when you drop it in..very cool and very functional.

I love all of this deep boat talk, and not knocking any brand just stating what I like today..and tomorrow might be diff. Jet
    Last edited by jet; 01-25-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Good points Jet!
    2006 Supra Launch 21V