Default Another Speaker Thread. Need Advise

Went to the boat show in Denver this weekend and you know thats always trouble. Seen a 22 launch with a wet sounds three some instead of a pair of pro 80's and a pair of pro 60's like I have. Thinking about selling the 60's and replacing them with the pro485. I was told the 485's are way louder than the pair of 60's. Also going to change out my inboat kicker k620 coax for the wet sounds xs65's or the better xs650's. Any of you guys made these changer and what is your feedback. Think the 60's would be hard to sell on this site? Thanks for your opinions, Geno

I have a pair of pro-485s and have swapped out the inboats with 650s, if I were you I would first change out the inboats first & see if your satisfied by the sound... If you still want the 485 I bet your 60 would sale in less than a week..

I meant to comment on your other thread but Matt took care of it.

Yes the 650's do fit. I think you mentioned something about them being amped? They will def have to be amped or it is a pointless upgrade. Even the 65's will have to be amped, imo.

The 485 is the best of the best but I'm with Matt. Start with the in boat and then see where it stands.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I meant to comment on your other thread but Matt took care of it.

Yes the 650's do fit. I think you mentioned something about them being amped? They will def have to be amped or it is a pointless upgrade. Even the 65's will have to be amped, imo.

The 485 is the best of the best but I'm with Matt. Start with the in boat and then see where it stands.
    Thanks, yes the kickers are amped, 70w each channel @4ohms. For the 650's I'd need more, they ask for 100rms@4ohms each. Like to board and knee board, I like it loud as my rope is 65 or 70'. That's why I was hoping the 485's would help.

If you are using a pair of pro 80's and a pair of pro 60's and they are properly amped, you shouldn't have any problem hearing them at 70 feet.

But yes, the 485's would probably give you a little more volume.
    2006 Supra 24SSV