Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

04 Yukon Denali, 6.0 ltr. Tows great with the air suspension.

Only mods: Tint, lower front grill, double din head unit, sub and amp

Oh, and it has a SUPRA sticker, of course!
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I have 2

* Primary: 2002 Ford Excursion, 7.3L diesel -- 4" exhaust all the way back, aeroturbine muffler

* Secondary: 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L diesel -- tons o mods. 4" exhaust, with ceramic coated downpipe, ball-bearing turbo, high performance injectors, custom fuel filtration system, different air intake system, a-pillar guages, 4-position chip with INSANE tunes.
    (this truck, at one point in the past could do a 13.1 second 1/4 mile) - it has a BTS transmission, 6" lift, KICK-BUTT stereo system, with custom woofer box in the back seat.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

2004 F-150 Super Cab. Not much for mods except a front level kit, 18" Ford Lariat wheels, tint and a basic aftermarket stereo. I do have a Roll N Lock cover on it which is worth it's weight in gold. It tows very nice...just wish it got a little better gas mileage for the cruising and around town driving.

'86 F-250 Supercab. Dana 60 SAS up front, 4" lift, 35" tires. Originally a 351w/C6 truck, built a 425 HP / 550 ft/lbs 460 for it and dropped that in along with a ZF5 trans. 460 has ported heads, 262/270 cam, 750 double pumper, long tubes, etc... On my 5th NP208 transfer case, so at some point it'll get a married NP205 so I stop breaking them, and have a new rear driveshaft made with 1410 joints as I break 1-2 ujoints a year with the 1330 joints and would hate to break one while towing. She manages 10 MPG towing at 70 MPH.

Welded in new cab corners and got one side of the bed patched up over the wheel well. Just need to do the other side of the bed then paint. Should be done some time in spring when it's warm enough to paint. Was debating doing a two tone red/white to match the Saltare. Between the cold and time restrictions on weekends since it's my daily driver I can only get so much done at a time.

2006 F-250 Lariat 6.0L Powerstroke Crew Cab Short Bed. I just bought it a few weeks ago and so far it has been a good truck. Had to take to boat for a spin behind her and you could barely tell she was there The wife isn't a fan of the noise the diesel makes but... its my truck. She thinks it is comfortable so that's the important part.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Tay Tay .. do you mind private messaging me some info on your truck? I am looking for the exact same thing right now. Either that or a duramax.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

KG, I PM'd you...
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

2004 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport 5.7
    No upgrades other then the custom box for two kicker 12's
    And a dent from my girlfriend

There is a thread like this a couple pages back from late last year. Here is my c/p on that one

I currently have only our chev express 3500 extended wheel base 15 passenger for towing. We have 6 kids, so we needed all the space we could get. In the summer I will pick up another safari for when just me and a couple kids go to the lake.

The express has the 6L V8 in it. I used HPtuners to set it up for better fuel economy. I average 19 mpg on the highway when not towing and 14 - 15 mpg when I am towing. That is including heading off through the Rockies to head to our favorite lake in British Columbia.

The safari does a fine job with the 4.3L V6 in it. You have to take a good run at really steep hills, but otherwise it doesn't complain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stinky, I have the same engine in my 05 Express 2500. I have the 4.10 rear end and am only getting 14 mpg on the highway. Would really like to know what HPtuners you used. Thanks.
    2005 22 SSV GG