Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't have a clue .. we weren't taking a wake pic. just a random picture i found. My guess, though, is that is 22 mph.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Lake Powell would be something else!!

However, i bet you are right on there being a price difference. I like your idea of mixing the two together and getting some Branson action in there. I have never been a huge fan but it is something different to do. That way you get a little bit of everything.
    I would love to do a trip to Powell, but we may save that for a few years down the road. Right now I think the cost puts it out of reach. A 7 day trip on a 59' houseboat like the 60' nice one they have at Bull Shoals is $8000 on Powell compared to $4000 at Bull Shoals.

I've already looked a little at VRBO and it looks like we could get a pretty cool house at Table Rock so we could do the 3-4 days on the houseboat then switch to a house. The house rents cheaper than the houseboat so it helps lower the overall trip cost, also.

I think the mix might be good, expecially for my parents. I have a feeling they'll burn out after a few days on a houseboat.

Okie,

It would be better to try this out where you might be able to do something else.

I go to Powell 2X per year, but you are REMOTE when at Powell, if you're not having
    a good time there - you don't have many other choices.

I LOVE Powell, or I wouldn't go there twice a year -- but I also don't rent. I have
    ownership in 2 time share houseboats there (no, not the kind you can trade - this is really just a way to share ownership of a VERY expensive asset) - but I tell all my
    guests how remote it is - and if that is not their thing, then maybe they shouldn't come ...

It's a 10 hour drive each way for me - so it's not like we just go home...
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Todd,

I think that is an important point and part of this overall consideration. I love being on the water and my family is fond of it. I'm not sure that my brother's family or my parents feel as strongly about it and to only be on the water doing nothing else for a whole week might be too much for them.

OH Okie you are so right. There is a HUGE difference between BOAT people and regular people. And thats how I rate them. If you dont qualify as boat people..you dont get asked out on my boat again. I have little tollerence for that group of people. lol
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub