Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can't pay much attention to looks. The Prius was hideous until gas starting hitting the roof in '08. Then all the yuppies with North Face jackets and Starbucks coffee ran out to get them. They became fashionable because of what they do not how it drives.

You have to ask yourself, how much of this hobby's financial budget is spent on gas?

My answer is 60% The other 40% is launch fees and misc. upgrades I do the boat.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

I think people that use their boat for nothing but their private, 3-event ski lake, the Nautique IS practical. 3 or 4 full sets is more than the cardio capacity of most 50 year old men so that's really not a problem. I'm sure the boat is ridiculously expensive so the only people that will use them are the people who can afford them - guys who have busy lives and no desire to go more than a set or two at a time. When a guy like Andy Mapple says a "set" he's referring to many more passes down the lake than most of us can take or accomplish. That said, we obviously won't see this boat at any tournaments anytime soon, definitely not practical there.

Big City444, I am still laughing about your North Face comment. I see people all over with the North Face jacket walking like they are royalty. It reminds me of 20 years ago when people wore a thick gold bracelet to look rich and werent.