Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Supra is gone.... a little bitter sweet.

After months of shopping for a new boat, I have traded in my '08 22 Supra. Unfortunately I will not be on the lake this year in a Supra, but I am excited about the new ride! I looked a Nautique, MB, Mastercraft, and Malibu.

I was considering the Launch 242 but it is just to large of a boat for what I need, and my dealer does not even have one on demo until April which I still really cant figure out. The Launch 22SSV is really no different other than the '08 I have other than the tower and vision system.

I wanted a boat that has a more advanced ballast system, hard tanks, not so weight sensitive, different seating configuration, and a cleaner wake at lower speeds. When I demo'd the VLX this week, it delivered in all categories.... I was like a moth to the flame! it puts out an incredible wakeboard wake, and a respectable stock surf wake. The Mali-view and touch screen is really nice, along with the fit and finish Malibu offers. The funny thing was what sold my wife on it was the stowable table that you can put up in the center of the boat

I ordered a 2011 Malibu VLX, its 21' 6" long.... I attached a few pictures of the order form sent to Malibu. I should be recieving the boat in late March. I am going to be stopping in from time to time to say hi on the board. I really have enjoyed interacting with everyone on this site, you guys are great and a wealth of knowledge. Always was thankful for all the help I recieved on this site.

Hopefully will see one of you on the lake! Be on the lookout for a White/light graphite VLX....

Cheers!
    Travis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fman; 01-30-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Travis, I knew you were thinking about this. Glad
    You are happy with what you found. Thanks for all of
    Your contributions here, please do stop by!!

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Todd, thank you... I was bummed Supra did not offer anything that would have worked for me. I will always speak highly of the Supra line, I still believe they are great boats.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Congrats...looks like it will be very nice. Post some pics after you get it.

I have a buddy down the lake with a newer malibu... Definitly a sweet boat.. Congrats on your purchase

Bitter sweet, it is Travis! We've lost some good Supra owners this off-season

Good luck, and congrats on the purchase. The next owner of your 22 will be getting an amazing boat, as are you with your new purchase.
    One request.....fill us in with pics and recap from your trip to Shasta this year, we'd all appreciate it after your great recap last season. - thanks

As Todd mentioned, thanks for your contributions on this site. I, for one, would not have tackled a couple projects on my boat if it were not for you paving the way with your write-ups and direction.

We'll see ya around
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

Pretty sweet boat dude, you're gonna love it! I know the ones that I've crawled around in that were in my shop were built like no other.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Hey guys, thanks! I am really looking forward to racking up some hours on it this summer! I always wanted to order a boat with the exact colors and options I wanted to have. Below is a youtube video on the boat, its on the 2010 model which is basically identical other than the MTC/steering wheel style they added in 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5auj...eature=related

Heres a link on the MTC (malibu touch command)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiys5e3qFsA
    Last edited by Fman; 01-31-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

That looks like a pretty sweet boat. There was a 2006 LSV that caught my eye on craigslist this last week. I am not in the position to get a new boat right now, but Malibu will definetly be on my list of manufacturers to look at. I have heard nothing but great things about their boats. Good luck with your new toy, and like all of the other folks said, thank you for your contributions. I still may tackle that ballast upgrade
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Nice having ya..I think you will be happy. Post em up when she gets there. Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub