Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Very nice boat! Good luck! I love the MTC. I'm in the electronic biz and that's cool. Surprised you can't use your iPad to start your boat and fill the tanks, but I'm sure that will be available soon. Just need a Wi-Fi connection.

I just don't understand why people need to watch dvd's or play guitar hero in a boat when they should be skiing.
    Are we that lazy nowadays that kids can't leave their toys at home. They can watch TV in the headrests on the way to the lake and now at the lake when they get bored with wakesurfing.
    Sounds like their next model should be the named the Malibu Babysitter.
    I agree, the last item I would ever bring out on the boat would be an Xbox or PS3. I do not even let my kids bring there cell phones, no texting allowed on the boat! Although it might be kind of fun to watch a twilight movie on the lake at night with the LEDs on under the stars....

The playback screen can also be hooked into the tower Camera that will follow the rider and display on the mali-view screen for the driver to see. I did not get this upgrade, it was $1700, could not justify the cost.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Travis, good thing I sent that part back as soon as I did!! Holy cow, congrats on the purchase. Did you trade yours in on this or are you going to sell it outright? You will have to let me know if you miss the rear facing bench and the step/cooler set up. That is one of my favorite features of our boats. Keep in touch with us all, as I am sure you will!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Congrats on the new ride - sure it will work out great for you. Don't be a stranger
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    Travis, good thing I sent that part back as soon as I did!! Holy cow, congrats on the purchase. Did you trade yours in on this or are you going to sell it outright? You will have to let me know if you miss the rear facing bench and the step/cooler set up. That is one of my favorite features of our boats. Keep in touch with us all, as I am sure you will!
    Jay, yes I was glad I was able to get you the windstop in time.... The seating arrangement in the Supra with rear facing seat is nice when someone is boarding. However, it does take up a lot of space in the middle of the boat. I also think it causes the weight distribution to be uneven in the boat which might be why the 22 is so weight sensitive. You also loose a seat for someone to use with the stepdown cooler.

I guess time will tell, but after the demo last week I was digging the open feel of the stadium seating.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Keep talkin' crazy like that to me and I may have to buy a new one too!! LOL
    Best wishes for the summer, again, keep in touch!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Fman..... Congrats and look forward to seeing your new ride. Sorry you won't be in a Supra...... Maybe you will get back on the program and come back in a few years....

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Fman..... Congrats and look forward to seeing your new ride. Sorry you won't be in a Supra...... Maybe you will get back on the program and come back in a few years....
    I was bummed out SC has not done anything to the 22SSV, I wish they would catch up to Malibu on some of there options they offer customers. The ballast system is far superior the the Supra, actually leaps and bounds ahead. Plus the added Wedge even adds more flexibility in the wake. Malibu did a great job tying in the Mali-view and MTC, they really work nicely together. The G3 tower is made in house at Malibu, and folds down with gas assisted shocks, its pretty amazing.

Hopefully I have no regrets, but after the demo ride last week I am going to surprised if I am not grinning from ear to ear each time I am out on the water with it. I will always speak highly of Supra, my family and I had some priceless memories on that boat... and whoever picks my old boat up will get a fantastic boat. They compression tested the motor, 200 lbs in every cylinder after 231 hours.... looks like Indmar is building good engines

My dealer just called me today, it starts production Feb 1, and should be at the dealer by the end of February... I wll throw up some pics when it arrives.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Todd, thank you... I was bummed Supra did not offer anything that would have worked for me. I will always speak highly of the Supra line, I still believe they are great boats.
    Good Luck to you. Hope the boat meets your needs. We have a variety of new products coming out over the next few years. Hope one will bring you back to the family. Good to see you posting on Wakeworld threads about Supra.

Sincerely,

Rick Tinker

Agree on the part about watching tv, but why not use those to just review a move you made, or watch a video trying to learn a trick while on the water. I don't have a tv, but if I did, it would be for those 2 things only. No movies/video games.

Good luck Fman, but you don't have to ever leave. There is time for both sites and input.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Good Luck to you. Hope the boat meets your needs. We have a variety of new products coming out over the next few years. Hope one will bring you back to the family. Good to see you posting on Wakeworld threads about Supra.

Sincerely,

Rick Tinker
    Rick, thank you.... I hope SC has plans to re-design the 22SSV, some options that made me go with the Malibu that the SSV did not have were:

Quad-tank hard tank under floor ballast system, 1250lbs
    Exceptional ballast fill/drain system, (Maliview/MTC)
    Power wedge (additonal 1200lbs of ballast)
    True snap-out carpet, not an overlay (with wet-tek flooring)
    Pizza pan (tray above engine for warming towels/gloves, etc..)
    Center transom walk-over
    Heated drivers seat
    Transom seat for putting on wakeboards
    Foldable gas assisted tower, forward facing, built in-house, capable of holding 8 boards (surf/wake) (4 sets of board racks that are easily removeable)
    MTC (Malibu touch command, keyless start)
    Lounge seating with stowable table
    Bimini top you can walk under when standing upright (no hunching over)
    Excellent color/gelcoat selection
    Excellent driver visibility with low dash
    Vinyl with three different color options on boat
    8 inboat speaker system
    Foldable bimini top with large coverage over cockpit and lounge area
    Bow area sits higher in water to prevent nose submarine (Supra has a sloped downward nose)
    Flip up bow light, (wont break if someone steps on bow area)
    Front bow grab handles that are in the boat, not on the top deck area (hidden for a clean look)
    Fully finished dash area (wrapped in vinyl, very little plastic showing in cockpit/dash area)

Some of these items might be some ideas for future Supra boats. I am sure SC will keep improving there boats. As I mentioned ealier, really enjoyed my Supra and I will always speak highly of the brand
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV