Hybrid View

Default My Supra is gone.... a little bitter sweet.

After months of shopping for a new boat, I have traded in my '08 22 Supra. Unfortunately I will not be on the lake this year in a Supra, but I am excited about the new ride! I looked a Nautique, MB, Mastercraft, and Malibu.

I was considering the Launch 242 but it is just to large of a boat for what I need, and my dealer does not even have one on demo until April which I still really cant figure out. The Launch 22SSV is really no different other than the '08 I have other than the tower and vision system.

I wanted a boat that has a more advanced ballast system, hard tanks, not so weight sensitive, different seating configuration, and a cleaner wake at lower speeds. When I demo'd the VLX this week, it delivered in all categories.... I was like a moth to the flame! it puts out an incredible wakeboard wake, and a respectable stock surf wake. The Mali-view and touch screen is really nice, along with the fit and finish Malibu offers. The funny thing was what sold my wife on it was the stowable table that you can put up in the center of the boat

I ordered a 2011 Malibu VLX, its 21' 6" long.... I attached a few pictures of the order form sent to Malibu. I should be recieving the boat in late March. I am going to be stopping in from time to time to say hi on the board. I really have enjoyed interacting with everyone on this site, you guys are great and a wealth of knowledge. Always was thankful for all the help I recieved on this site.

Hopefully will see one of you on the lake! Be on the lookout for a White/light graphite VLX....

Cheers!
    Travis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fman; 01-30-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Travis, I knew you were thinking about this. Glad
    You are happy with what you found. Thanks for all of
    Your contributions here, please do stop by!!

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Todd, thank you... I was bummed Supra did not offer anything that would have worked for me. I will always speak highly of the Supra line, I still believe they are great boats.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Congrats...looks like it will be very nice. Post some pics after you get it.

I have a buddy down the lake with a newer malibu... Definitly a sweet boat.. Congrats on your purchase

Bitter sweet, it is Travis! We've lost some good Supra owners this off-season

Good luck, and congrats on the purchase. The next owner of your 22 will be getting an amazing boat, as are you with your new purchase.
    One request.....fill us in with pics and recap from your trip to Shasta this year, we'd all appreciate it after your great recap last season. - thanks

As Todd mentioned, thanks for your contributions on this site. I, for one, would not have tackled a couple projects on my boat if it were not for you paving the way with your write-ups and direction.

We'll see ya around
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

Pretty sweet boat dude, you're gonna love it! I know the ones that I've crawled around in that were in my shop were built like no other.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Todd, thank you... I was bummed Supra did not offer anything that would have worked for me. I will always speak highly of the Supra line, I still believe they are great boats.
    Good Luck to you. Hope the boat meets your needs. We have a variety of new products coming out over the next few years. Hope one will bring you back to the family. Good to see you posting on Wakeworld threads about Supra.

Sincerely,

Rick Tinker

Agree on the part about watching tv, but why not use those to just review a move you made, or watch a video trying to learn a trick while on the water. I don't have a tv, but if I did, it would be for those 2 things only. No movies/video games.

Good luck Fman, but you don't have to ever leave. There is time for both sites and input.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Good Luck to you. Hope the boat meets your needs. We have a variety of new products coming out over the next few years. Hope one will bring you back to the family. Good to see you posting on Wakeworld threads about Supra.

Sincerely,

Rick Tinker
    Rick, thank you.... I hope SC has plans to re-design the 22SSV, some options that made me go with the Malibu that the SSV did not have were:

Quad-tank hard tank under floor ballast system, 1250lbs
    Exceptional ballast fill/drain system, (Maliview/MTC)
    Power wedge (additonal 1200lbs of ballast)
    True snap-out carpet, not an overlay (with wet-tek flooring)
    Pizza pan (tray above engine for warming towels/gloves, etc..)
    Center transom walk-over
    Heated drivers seat
    Transom seat for putting on wakeboards
    Foldable gas assisted tower, forward facing, built in-house, capable of holding 8 boards (surf/wake) (4 sets of board racks that are easily removeable)
    MTC (Malibu touch command, keyless start)
    Lounge seating with stowable table
    Bimini top you can walk under when standing upright (no hunching over)
    Excellent color/gelcoat selection
    Excellent driver visibility with low dash
    Vinyl with three different color options on boat
    8 inboat speaker system
    Foldable bimini top with large coverage over cockpit and lounge area
    Bow area sits higher in water to prevent nose submarine (Supra has a sloped downward nose)
    Flip up bow light, (wont break if someone steps on bow area)
    Front bow grab handles that are in the boat, not on the top deck area (hidden for a clean look)
    Fully finished dash area (wrapped in vinyl, very little plastic showing in cockpit/dash area)

Some of these items might be some ideas for future Supra boats. I am sure SC will keep improving there boats. As I mentioned ealier, really enjoyed my Supra and I will always speak highly of the brand
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV