Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Looks like you are making progess and getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Looks like you are making progess and getting close.
    Sooo close. I ordered the paint, and it should be here this week. I've never sprayed anything like this before, so I'm a little nervous. Especially since the paint and clear coat cost so much.

Hey rlhahn. I found a old email on 5/25/11 in my inbox, I dont know how I missed it. But I thought I would see how yours is going? Any new pics? Im at a standstill..summer is way to busy, kids, business, and wakeboarding! lol. 1/2 of my floor is out (left side) and I have the wood ready to go back in. Im kind of stuck on how to do the engine mounts?? But I have been stock pilling new parts, steering wheel, stereo $$, roswell bar$$, hlcd's, sub, leds, speaker rings, bimini, auto ballast, 2-batteries. Im not going to want to sell this thing when Im done. lol. I will take pictures as I go along but just no time in the last 2-months..Im upset.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

if you could would you provide a list of materials you used? i am about to start on a sim project and am trying to make several decisions. Details on wood type, resin types, cloth and a ball park figure on how much you used of everything would be awesome.

Default going the distance

Ben, I got my 1986 Supra Comp off Craigslist for $1200. It was loosing oil pressure after 10min or so of running. My brother-n-law and I pulled the motor and took it apart to find a bad cam and scratches in the piston sleeve. He rebuilt the whole thing and I built him a new pullbarn $$$labor trade. The demo is cheap. You'll need to buy some sanding and grinding material. I used an orbital sander and grinder. 80grit discs and pads $40. Lumber for new stringers and floor is cheap if you cover it in resin. 4 yellow pine 2x10's and 4 4x8x3/4 plywood $160. I used subfloor glue and sawdust for a filler $10. I used around five gal. of 3m resin for the whole project and around 80sq ft of fiberglass $280 ( Lowes or H.D.) Carpet 218sqft marine $150, exterior carpet glue $10 (Lowes). That's about it for your basic stringer and floor repair. I am redoing everything in the boat though, so the list is longer for me. if you need any kind of online help or advice just drop me a line. Good Luck!!!

Some new pictures of progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

more pics of progress

motor back in...finally!
    Last edited by rlhahn; 07-16-2011 at 09:18 PM.

New backing plates and concrete board fiberglassed in the stern. Now it's good-to-go.

NICE!! Keep up the good work!

Just got my motor back in this weekend, it sure feels good to start putting things back together vs pulling them further apart! lol
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"