Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WakeSurfCanada View Post
    NICE!! Keep up the good work!

Just got my motor back in this weekend, it sure feels good to start putting things back together vs pulling them further apart! lol
    I hear ya. Painting it was the hardest part for me so far. All the prep work and stress of messing up. I had a couple of oh sh#* moments when I sanded a wet spot and made a mess of it. It looks good now though and I learned how to use a sprayer. The next big task will be to wire the new gauges. I went with a paddle wheel speedo, so I'm curious to see how that works. Thanks for the compliments and support. Good luck to you also.

Where did you get your wood from? i went to lowes today and looked at some pine but it had alot of knots?

Quote Originally Posted by bens250ex View Post
    Where did you get your wood from? i went to lowes today and looked at some pine but it had alot of knots?
    I got it from local lumber yard. It was actually left over from an addition I built.

how hard was it to paint? i am tempted to paint mine. i have done some auto paint work so i have a lil knowledge

Ben, painting it wasn't so bad. I used a marine two-part topcoat and about five or six coatings. I screwed up on the first coat by spraying it on too thick, but I've never painted with any kind of sprayer other than the old rattle-can. If you've done some auto painting , then this should be easy for you. I had a little trouble with the underside, but my sprayer is a gravity feed and I didn't have a flipping jig.

Good luck man, and send some pictures of your work!

Default graphics and paint

getting there. windshield on yesterday and working on wiring new gauges today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rlhahn; 08-13-2011 at 09:33 AM.

wow she is looking good, how much did you end up spending on the paint? Where did you get it from? what did you sand the hull with before you painted? i might just be painting after i get the stringers in!

Quote Originally Posted by bens250ex View Post
    wow she is looking good, how much did you end up spending on the paint? Where did you get it from? what did you sand the hull with before you painted? i might just be painting after i get the stringers in!
    I spent around $300 on paint. It's "Blue Marine" brand, and I got it online. I started with 80 grit and worked my way down to 220 grit with my orbital sander, then I wiped it down with vinegar water, then I sprayed her.

finished product

more pics of finished comp