Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hyperlite Coex and Broadcast

Anyone surfed with a 4' 4" Coex or 4' 9" Broadcast and have some feedback?

Broadcast is a great beginner board as well as a great board to have on the boat. I haven't heard much on the coex.

If you search broadcast you are likely to get alot of reviews.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Well there are three size Broadcasts (I think) and they are going to be very different. I have tried the 5'10" and 5'6" and we much preferred the smaller one and got that one. Its still a tank though. The smallest one would be fun to try. But I hear the Coex is where it's at (for a compression molded surfer that is). I have not tried one yet but there is a youtube video of an amatuer who can do 1080 surface spins on his Coex.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Yeah I've done the 5' 6" broadcast and it's too big for my skill level, however I'm trying to buy something that's both good enough for what I want, and beginner enough for my buddies that come out with me, or for someone to learn on. I'm thinking the coex might be too sporty for that...

a link to that youtube video would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Yeah I've done the 5' 6" broadcast and it's too big for my skill level, however I'm trying to buy something that's both good enough for what I want, and beginner enough for my buddies that come out with me, or for someone to learn on. I'm thinking the coex might be too sporty for that...

a link to that youtube video would be nice!
    Ive surfed both the broadcast 5'6" and the Coex 4'4" and the broadcast is straight up a POS. the Coex is badass though, its fast, tracks extremely well with the stock fin and trim the fin down a bit and you got a board capable of spins with ease!

Go with the Coex over the Broadcast. I have them all. Broadcasts ride pretty "edgy" to be learner boards, except the Landlock, it like 9ft and round. The other 2 lengths of the Broadcast have a flat bottom, which make them have an "edgy" wakeboard type feel, as opposed to the Coex that has mostly a rounded edge. Here is a pic of the Coex ripping.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have to politely disagree on buying a Coex over a Broad for a beginner. I have both. I have a 4'4" Coex and a 5'6" Broad. I only weight 160 pounds, and like my Coex, but it is a much more advanced board and more difficult to ride than the Broad.

For learning, I would get a 5'6" Broad. Everyone on my boat of all sizes has done very well. I havent had a person yet do well on the Coex.

Plus, the Broad will fit in the stock Roswell racks. The Coex will not.
    Last edited by CarZin; 05-26-2011 at 01:52 PM.

I have the broadcast 4'9" and i am 6' 210 lbs. I like it better than the coex for beginners. My .02

My opinion....Try a real wakesurfer. Not one made by the Wakeboard companies. You will like them much better and will not progress out of it as quickly.

Walker project, shredstix or Lakesurfer.

Think there is a bulk buy on here somewhere. Trust me, You will be mucho happier.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Quote Originally Posted by cmtaylor777 View Post
    My opinion....Try a real wakesurfer. Not one made by the Wakeboard companies. You will like them much better and will not progress out of it as quickly.

Walker project, shredstix or Lakesurfer.

Think there is a bulk buy on here somewhere. Trust me, You will be mucho happier.
    I disagree. Buy a cheap "beginner" board for your first board. You'll want to upgrade pretty quickly but that board will still be the most used board on the boat as other people come out and want to have success their first time out. I've got a huge quiver and the 5'11" landlock gets used almost every time out.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.