Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
I disagree. Buy a cheap "beginner" board for your first board. You'll want to upgrade pretty quickly but that board will still be the most used board on the boat as other people come out and want to have success their first time out. I've got a huge quiver and the 5'11" landlock gets used almost every time out.
Well... I disagree back... LOL

If you think that you need to progress before you buy a better board, I disagree. Really, why start on a board that you know you will out grow. If it is simply for other people on the boat.....I say fend for yourself. I may go buy a cheap board for other people but I feel its a waste of time buying a board that you know you will outgrow. Most of the Ronix and HL boards are still not cheap. For a little more money you can get in on that bulk buy and get a much better board. Even if it's going to eventually be a community board, at least you have a quality board.

I have a Ronix Cortez on the boat that I am not a fan of. I let other people ride it but I hate lugging it around. I feel that once I was introduced to a quality board I realized that anything else just would not do. A lot of people love The broadcast and Ronix boards, but in my opinion, if you have the option for a better board, then take it. Why waste your time and money!!!