Ok everyone. After months of slacking-off (and snowy, cold weather), I finally got out and took some pics of the "new" boat.

Thanks to all who gave advice when I was seeking opinions on which boat to get.

I settled on the 84 Rider in Texas. It's in really rough shape, the motor needs to be rebuilt, the interior is gone, and it's missing a few things. Accordingly, the price was cheap ($1,500), and the guy I bought it from re-did the main stringers from the ski pole back. So all-in-all, not too bad. It's kind-of an unusual set-up as it has a Chevy 350 in it. It was my understanding most of these boats had either a Ford 351 or Chevy 454. It def looks like the motor was transplanted out of a truck/car. I don't mind though 350 parts are super cheap so I can def make it work.

The big expense ended-up being the trip to get it. I'm all the way up here in MT, so it was lots of gas, several spare tires, and a few wheel bearings to get her all the way home. I felt pretty crazy driving all that way, but I just absolutely could not find something in my price-range nearby.

Once it got here, the snow came soon after so I didn't have much time to get anything done. I also used-up all of my boat budget on the trip, so I didn't have any $ left to get to work on it. I'm expecting my tax refund in the next few weeks though, so that should get me goin on it.

Yesterday though I went out to get some pics and take the motor out for the rebuild. I don't plan on getting everything done this spring, just enough to get it on the water and have some fun this summer. My plans for this spring are:
Rebuild the motor.
Fab a temporary plywood floor.
Find a gas-tank.
Get it in the water, and start working-out some kinks...
and of course, lots of wakeboarding!!!
I'll post-up my pics as soon as I get home from work.