Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Universal Wakeboard Towers.

Ok ladies and gentlemen. I've been searching for about 2 years for a tower for my '87 Marauder. I think I've finally found it. Every other Universal tower I've seen has looked cheap and I've heard horror stories from friends and fellow boaters about their strength and the rattle and noise they make. Now I've been doing some research and I think I've finally found what I'm looking for. Check it out. Let me know what you all think. Its called the Aerial Freeride tower. It is universal and looks OEM.

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/Articles.asp?ID=199
    Attached Images Attached Images

www.newdimensiontowers.com

That's what I have on my Mariah, and they are awesome.

I've looked into the New Dimension towers. They look nice, however I, personally, don't like the way they look on the 80 gen Supra's. They don't match the windows

They can do a swoop tower on yours too. Just ask them. It looks like the swoop tower for the other Supra's.

Not to question or nitpick, but I don't see how the Freeride tower will look correct on your boat. Or at least more than the NewDimension's tower. Especially since the manufacturer of New Dimension used to be an OEM tower manufacturer. Just curious, that's all.

I guess I just like the new age style of it, and since it doesn't swoop and mounts towards the stern i think it would just look better on the boat. Its modeled after the Roswell FCT3 tower offered on the 2009 Super Air Natique 210. Maybe I'm just partial to it mostly because of the sleek look. Not that I don't like others.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/22665/...above-the-rest

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    www.newdimensiontowers.com

That's what I have on my Mariah, and they are awesome.
    do you know about how much your setup cost you?

Hah! Aerial are cheap, chinese made towers. They aren't terrible but be prepared to tighten the bolts every time you go out. Any "universal" fit tower will have joints and mounts that require constant attention. New Dimensions can make a tower that fits your boat without requiring all those pivots and swivels.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by vvfdfirefighter View Post
    do you know about how much your setup cost you?
    With the board racks and tower light it was $2300.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Hah! Aerial are cheap, chinese made towers. They aren't terrible but be prepared to tighten the bolts every time you go out. Any "universal" fit tower will have joints and mounts that require constant attention. New Dimensions can make a tower that fits your boat without requiring all those pivots and swivels.
    Yep. I was showing my Supra to a potential buyer yesterday, and he was concerned with price, and mentioned getting a universal fit tower. So while the boat was on the trailer I grabbed the upper part of the tower and shook the boat so hard the trailer was swaying. Not one sound came from the tower. And Wotan is right, I've never had to tighten anything on my tower, and it's dead silent in chop.

Just something to keep in mind. If you do go Aerial, get lots of before and after pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    With the board racks and tower light it was $2300.

Yep. I was showing my Supra to a potential buyer yesterday, and he was concerned with price, and mentioned getting a universal fit tower. So while the boat was on the trailer I grabbed the upper part of the tower and shook the boat so hard the trailer was swaying. Not one sound came from the tower. And Wotan is right, I've never had to tighten anything on my tower, and it's dead silent in chop.

Just something to keep in mind. If you do go Aerial, get lots of before and after pics please.
    Well I held off on buying it as of right now. It was a good deal. MRSP is 2,600 for the tower but it was on sale for 1,000. I am aware of the possible need to constantly tighten bolts and such since its a universal tower. Thought I would just weld up all the joints once I got it on. But since I'm deployed to Korea right now, I held off just incase I ended up not liking it when I got back. I'm still looking into towers since my Marauder doesn't have a ski pylon... Thank you all for your advice. Its very much appreciated. Who knows maybe I'll get this one or perhaps one like it in the future. Either way, I'll make sure to take lots of pictures.

I would really like to see pictures of towers that other supra owners have put on. Maybe it will give me a better idea.