Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I need side panels for 1986 ts6m supra

Does anyone know where I can get side panels for my 1986 ts6m supra? I have looked everywhere.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SnyderAlexander; 03-05-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Make your own maybe an easier option. Interior looks great BTW.

3/8" marine ply wrapped with foam and vinyl......what ever shape your imagination can come up with....Super easy inexpensive remodel...
    ditto to stinky, interior looks great.....
    90 Conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    3/8" marine ply wrapped with foam and vinyl......what ever shape your imagination can come up with....Super easy inexpensive remodel...
    ditto to stinky, interior looks great.....
    Thanks Guys,

I see some marine grade ply online for around $75 for 4x8. Do you know if a big box retailer like home deport or lowe's would have it?

Keep looking online, I'm pretty sure I saw some for around $55 4' x 8', 7-ply

Could you not just use regular ply and treat it with CPES?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    Could you not just use regular ply and treat it with CPES?
    absolutely, same shelf life on a boat as marine ply, prolly cheaper with the CPES included....
    Snyder, marine ply is pricey and hard wood based so making the panel bend to the contour of your gunnel's won't be ideal... 3/8"s Spruce or equivalent rough ply coated with CPES will be just as good if not better when finished. I redid all my seat backs with marine ply and for got to coat my riser for the rear bench and 2 weeks later it was moldy, the key here is to coat whatever you use in some sort of resin or marine spar varnish...
    90 Conbrio

Default has to be marine ply

NO! You CANNOT use regular plywood! DUH. regular plywood will de-laminate! Spend the extra $10 bucks on wolmanized ply, 1/2" foam, and MARINE vinyl. I did it with my supra and it looks better than new.

Not to argue, but our original interiors were built with regular ply and most have lasted 20 + yrs..... If your really want to do it right order a sheet of ABS and cut it and upholster...plastic won't delam or rot....
    90 Conbrio

I just purchased 4x8x.75 marine 7 ply at a wholesale price of $47.00 and 4x8x.50 marine 5 ply @ $32.00 per sheet. I didn't like the bill total but think it's worth it in the long run. I also rebuilt my seats with marine ply on the bottom and CDX fir for the sides and a good couple layers of CPES. I'm pretty certain it should last a long time. Just my 2 cents.......