Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Name that crude oil price per barrel!

So what is your prediction for crude oil prices this summer per barrel? I think we are at $104/barrel right now, I am predicting $140-$150 per barrel, which would equate to about $5.00-$5.25 per gallon in California. Plus tach on another $1/gallon at the Marina.

$5 x 40-45 gallons = $200-$225 per fill up!
    $6 x 40-45 gallons = $240-$270 per fill up!

On a more positive note, spring is getting close and all the lakes in Nor-cal are looking great! Should be an awesome season!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

It's gonna be bad. I figure about $4.50 - $5.00/gal. My figuring is about $200/day to ride behind the Saltare. Won't stop me from getting out and it'll hurt every time, but hopefully it'll keep some of the riff-raff off the water.

good year to pick up used boats. And tow rigs. two years ago gas went to $1.20 per liter in canada all the big blocks value dropped to half!

As much as it pains to say, I don't think there's any way it'll stay below $140.
    It will most definitely be a tough summer with gas prices, but I'm going to do my best to avoid reflecting on it. Just fill the boat up, thinking of all the great family memories to be had on the water, and go on our way for some good riding. I, too, am hopeful high gas prices will keep some of the crazies off the lake, but I doubt it, especially since they don't get hit as hard as us since we all weight the boats down so much. (although, I guess a couple hundred lb's of liquor counts)
    2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

I'm thinking about converting my boat to CNG and having the governent give me a Tax break on it while I'm paying $1.49 a galllon all day..

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    As much as it pains to say, I don't think there's any way it'll stay below $140.
    It will most definitely be a tough summer with gas prices, but I'm going to do my best to avoid reflecting on it. Just fill the boat up, thinking of all the great family memories to be had on the water, and go on our way for some good riding. I, too, am hopeful high gas prices will keep some of the crazies off the lake, but I doubt it, especially since they don't get hit as hard as us since we all weight the boats down so much. (although, I guess a couple hundred lb's of liquor counts)
    I agree Scott, as costly as it will be, still worth the expense. Maybe expect the worse and hope for the best. It already costs $125 to take my family out to the movies (w/tickets, and food), whats another $150 on top of it for a full day on the water!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Yeah, I'd say we're probably going to see $150 a barrel. It's really sad because it doesn't NEED to be this way. If we would just drill and explore more in our own country, we could have a big impact on the whole issue. Granted, we aren't going to extract the oil and just keep it here, it would go into the world
    Last edited by Okie Boarder; 03-07-2011 at 12:14 PM.

DON'T GET ME STARTED!! Im with you matt, except I will convert all of my vehicles and leave the boat alone. CNG doesnt weigh very much. lol
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

A friend of mine is in the oil business, they are predicting $5.50/gallon for unleaded this summer and $6.50/gallon for diesel. Wow, that is quite a hit for everyone just filling up your vehicles! Maybe the future traders who are "predicting" we are going to be short on oil will give us a break! What a complete SCAM! still cant figure out why they continue to let this happen, its going to cripple the global economy...again...this is what started the mess back in 2007.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Boy the oil companys just love it. They don't want the cost per barrel to go down. Oil is traded on the world market not the US market. Even if we drilled more wells, this does not constitute lower fuel or lower oil price. The only way the cost would go down is if a supplier would flood the market with excess amount of oil. Now why would an oil supplier do this, when the price of crude oil is high, the oil company makes more per gallon or barrel. You know we only buy 2% of our oil from Lybia and the Saudi's easily can supply this. We buy most of our oil from Canada and Mexico, third is US supply and the rest comes from OPEC, Saudi's. The Wall Street speculators are making a killing on this, they are the reason oil is so high, not supply and demand. Fear mongoring. If oil does not go down soon, our economy will topple again and the Wall Street will be asking for another bail out. Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor