Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WS-420 question

Todd, I got all wrapped up in my center display that I forgot to try my actual tach gauge wires.....but somehow i think they are digital. I tried Doug Childress at ext 130 at skiers choice but have yet to get a hold of him. I will keep ya posted.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

The sauga continues........ the perfect pass is integrated into the medallion mdc unit and there are no analog wires under my dash. Got a hold of Doug Childres at S.C. and he set me up with the 340 wireing diagram but basically said the grey wire coming off the coil to the ecm is the one I wnat to tap into.....thank you Doug........hope this works he was super to talk to btw.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Doc, please share any information you might have as I plan to do my install this week as well.

As I was messing with things and trying to identify all the cables I was going to need and I realized that my currrent setup utilizes both front and rear of the head unit into the first amp (4 cabin speakers), then lines out of the first amp to the second amp which drives the factory Roswell tower cans (4) and the sub. Not being a stereo guy, I plan to put just one set of left and right into the HSE and then to the Clarion EQ. The EQ then has front and rear outputs so I will need to get rid of my lineout from one amp to the other so the fader will control the volume of the towers seperately. But what about the sub? There are seperate outputs on the EQ for the sub but not a seperate input on the amp, at least not in the current setup. With the KAC-8004 I could take the sub input from the EQ and connect it to the B channel on the 2nd amp to keep it seperate. Would I bridge that connection? I don't think it is right now, but I could be wrong as it is a little hard to get to and trace wires down.
    Sluggo , Did you get yours in? You can prob use the grey wire from your tach under your helm. Talking to S.C. and Perfect Pass, sometime I think in 2007 medallion bought some rights from perfect pass and integrated it into their mdc unit.....so everything coming to the helm is all can data and therefore no analog signals( at least in the supras). So 2007 and up ,we have to pull the signal off the motor. Going up next weekend and will take some pics as to where I tap in, unless someone who has a 2009 340 cat w hse wants to post one for me ..... please
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Not yet. Wife put to many non-boat related tasks on the todo list, lol. Should get to it next week though.
    2005 22 SSV GG