Default Z5 Trailering Question

Anyone use the trailering straps on their Z5 rack. I bought a 07 Supra 21V and got a set of trailering kit from Z5 but I am not sure where to mount the anchor brackets that came with it. Post pictures if possible.

Thanks

I went to REI and made these, they work great and you can remove them after you are done towing. They were about $10 for all the straps/clips. You need to drill into your tower for the Z5 strap to work, I had no desire to do this. This system I use also has four points of restraint, rather than only two with the Z5 system. I have towed at 70MPH with this setup and had no problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fman; 03-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I do the same as Travis. I didn't want to drill into the tower, got the straps at ei and I have gone 80
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

good to know guys, my 09 already has the eyelets on the tower to hook the from straps to.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    I do the same as Travis. I didn't want to drill into the tower, got the straps at ei and I have gone 80
    lol Todd, I remember your post from the tow rigs thread, I bet you have!!!!
    90 Conbrio

Default Z5 Straps

Fman has a good idea. Either way you do, definately do it. Your Z5 will buck in the wind without some kind of tension on the front. The clip mounts that come with the Z5 mount essentially where his straps wrapped around the tower. Drilling into the tower isn't going to hurt it so loong as you use stainless screws. The only problem with Z5's straps is that they will loosen on their own while towing it you don't secure them. You can tape the tensioners but sewing them once you ge the right length is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
    Anyone use the trailering straps on their Z5 rack. I bought a 07 Supra 21V and got a set of trailering kit from Z5 but I am not sure where to mount the anchor brackets that came with it. Post pictures if possible.

Thanks

Picked up straps and buckles from REI. Attached them the same way Fman did. Works great. I stopped to check tension during the first trip. No problems with them loosening up or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
    Picked up straps and buckles from REI. Attached them the same way Fman did. Works great. I stopped to check tension during the first trip. No problems with them loosening up or anything.
    Cool, glad it worked out for you... for once something I did actually worked! I used this setup for a couple years and never had a problem with straps loosening up.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV