Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I found this...

http://www.wetsounds.com/media/produ...stallation.pdf

Is that what you're referring to?

I followed the process for the Wet Sounds and it turned out pretty good. I fine tuned a little bit with some different music to get the cabin speakers and the tower speakers as loud as I could without sounding bad. The cabin speakers seem OK on almost all music now. The tower speakers seem to struggle a little bit on certain music that has a lot of mid bass. Some of the Nickelback, Metallica and a few others get a little distorted. I turned up the cut off frequency for the tower speakers to 200 hz and I found that if I lower the level on the 125 hz setting of the eq, it cleans it up. Almost anything will play and sound pretty good now, although I can see where certain music might require a little eq tuning to keep the distortion away.

On a side note, I realized that played loud Toby Keith really has a voice that 'strains' speakers. I played around listening to a few of his songs.

I am in the process now of putting the final touches in. I ordered a large fuse block for the main power lead from battery to distribution blocks. I also built a large cover for both distribution blocks and will mount the fuse block on the front of that. I ordered the Sure Power 1314 and may mount it on the cover, too, if there is enough room.

Almost done for the year and ready to just enjoy it.

Default great

glad it worked out. Distortion, need more power. Lots more power. I'm running 205 watts rms @4 to each of my 80's and 550 @ 2ohms to my pro 485. They really like the power. I'm running 129 @ 4ohms to each of my 650 cockpits. Loud and no distortion. Just a butt load of money

Yup. If I had the Wet Sounds or something similar it would be a lot better, I'm sure. I'm running the Kicker KMT6's on the tower powered just right, but you have to have the volume up pretty high to get them loud and distortion can go along with that a bit.

A new picture. I'm making a platform type cover to go over the distribution blocks. I'm using that as a place to mount the main fuse and also the Sure Power 1314. Here is how it looks so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are some pictures of the completion and installation of the cover along with the blocks the sub sits on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got out on the water Saturday and things are sounding good...definitely very loud and the Sure Power seems to be working well to keep the second battery charged. I had a couple little issues, but I think I have them worked out. When we got home, the new IS75 was on the front door step. I played around with that a little yesterday and got it working pretty good with my wife's iphone. I'm still toying with ideas on where the mount will sit. I found a spot that should work for now and we'll see how it goes. It's going to be nice to have our music library easily accessible for the system, plus having iheart radio and pandora will be cool.

Default Ur as bad as me

sounds like you are always fiddeling around too. Glad you like your tunes. I guess using them are what is really fun. Made a stupid observation on my wet sounds stuff this weekend. Leveled all my tower speakers in the garage but noticed when I'm being pulled the bow is up and the speakers point down. Da. Like I said, always fiddeling.

I had that happen to me last year. This year I set them at level, then went a set amount off level to point them up a little but to compensate for that.