Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default me too

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Don't know. I haven't had problems before, and many of the speaker wires are running somewhat near certain power wires.
    All my cabin speakers were factory run with power leads and have been lucky maybe but don't pickup noise from them. Just the grounds and rca's. Nice job okie

I added wire tie clamps to the bottom of the amp rack so I can run the rca's along there if needed. I also have the option of running the eq power around the other side. I could also shield it or the rca's more and run them together. I'll play with it to see.

I did my first trial connection last night without the eq. Haven't gotten the eq yet. I had a little issue with the connections to the new cabin speaker amp. Accidently had the power and ground switched for some reason. I'm kicking myself for that one after all the care and time I took getting everything routed properly and looking good. I popped both fuses before I realized it. Replaced the fuses, switched the wires back to the proper way and everything seems fine. I ran just the cabin speakers and did an initial settings tune. I'm definitely getting much cleaner and louder sound versus running off the deck. It should compliment the system much better.

New sub box should arrive today. My other one managed to get enough moisture in it to start mildewing. I'm going to have to look into how I mount it this time to prevent that. Hopefully I will have the amp rack all in and everything ready to go this weekend. As soon as I get the eq, I will just need to connect it up. I'm going to run all the wires over to where it goes and have everything ready to go for it.

I'll post some more pictures of the amp rack and progess when I have a chance.

Here's a few more pictures. I'm still finalizing some of the wiring. So far I don't have any noise issues. I ran it quite a bit last night with a variety of music and it seems like it is roughly tuned pretty good. Once the eq is in, I'll fine tune.

I did notice my head unit is still getting pretty hot. I would have thought it wouldn't now that I have no speaker connected to it. Everything is running on the pre-amp outs. Any thoughts on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure about the heat, but interested in the T shaped power blocks you have there? where'd they come from?
    90 Conbrio

Default looks good.

Hey Okie, looks good, my head unit just gets warm. Even if I run it a long time. Ran it one night till I drained one of the batteries. Wanted to see how warm my amps got. Head unit was just warm. Don't know if different brands are different in heat. Don't remember what year your boat is or what kind of head unit you had but mine is an 08 with a kenwood marine. It has a menu function to turn off the internal head unit amp. Should help. Also had the head unit level set to about 2/3 max volume when tuning and adjusted the gain on the amps for volume. Had eq set to flat. Your gonna like the 420. Isn't earth shatteringly different but gives you great controll. Also if you head unit has lower preoutput voltage it'll boost that to 5v.

My Supra is an ol skooler. I have a cheapy Sony head unit. Doesn't appear to have the "amp" out turn off. That would be the ticket right there.

Also, not doing the 420...doing the Clarion unit. I still should get a little more voltage out than the head unit so it should help.

Here's some more pics. It's basically done except for fine tuning. I big thanks to my son for crawling up in te compartment to help me route and tie back wires. The tunes sound really good. Loud and clear.
    The eq really helps to boost the levels so the stereo volume can stay down quite a bit. We're going to love having the fader to be able to adjust the loudness between tower and cabin speakers.

I also got my new steering cable and helm put in. No pictures of that...nothing to see there really. Man, I will tell ya it is a huge improvement (at least off water). Our steering was about as tight as a front wheel drive care with no power steering. Now it can turn with 1-2 fingers. I had bad news with my oil drain hose set up I bought from DIM, so I'm trying to figure that one out. I'm going to look at some hydraulic supply places and see if I can get a couple fittings to finish the job. If not, I need to raise the engine a bit to install the fitting.

Almost ready to go.

More pics....

Was going to see if you got it put together already. Looks good.