Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks.

I did end up running the power to the EQ and the RCA's together. So far, no noise issues, but if it becomes a problem I can always re-route the power around the other side to get it away from the RCA's.

I ran the system quite a bit the other day and I am noticing everything getting fairly warm. I'll have to keep an eye on that and see if I'm going to need some form of venting to cool things down.

Quick update...

Decided to just put in a regular drain plug and I'm going to buy a Pela pump for oil changes. Got oil in and fired her up the other night. She started right up no problem and ran fairly well. I plan for an on water test tomorrow.

I also figured out a way to get the sub box further back under the helm so we can have a little more leg room for whoever is driving.
    Last edited by Okie Boarder; 04-08-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Maiden voyage went well with no problems to report. I'm still trying to dial in and tune the sound system. I'm trying to find a happy medium between the cabin speakers sounding real tinny or getting too much low end that they struggle.

Default Hi pass

Hi pass and crossover set at 100. Maybe 80.Sound systems are like drugs. It's never enough.

I have it set high pass and about 200 hz. Anything lower than that and the speakers seem like they struggle getting some of the bass and being able to handle it. Should I be trying to filter that out with the eq and increasing what the sub is getting to compensate?

Default you sure

Even cheap coax should run ok at 100. You sure your set at hp and not on lp. Sub is independent and should pick up all low freq below 100. Sounds like your not set right on the amps.

I'll double check and see this next weekend, but I'm almost certain it is set to HP. If I have the sub and tower off, tuning the cabin speakers, how much bass or movement should they see? I did most of the adjustments at a pretty high volume level...should I be keeping that on the lower side? Should I fine tune with the eq for additional frequency cut off?

Also, what would be the recommendation for volume levels on the stereo and eq to fine tune everything? I set my stereo at about 50% and the eq volume control to about 85-90% then set my amp gains to as high as I could until slight "scream" or distortion sounds, then backed them off a touch.

Default head unit

the head unit should be set flat too. No boost or Loudness on eq on head unit. Wet sounds has a great write up on setting an eq and amp gains.

Link?

I was doing it with the settings on the HU flat. Should it's sub out level be flat too? I set it's LPF at 125 hz. I can select 125 or 80 (I think). Other than the sub out level being up a bit and the LPF at 125 hz, everything else is set flat.