Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

blueseas add-a-battery is awesome imo.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    Why Not? Play Hard! Get WET.....

By the way, after my battery only lasting about 3 hours on the maiden voyage, I ordered the 1314. I'll probably be putting it on some time in the next couple weeks and I'll report back. With the concerns about heat, I'm going to mount it where it gets air flow and isn't touching things like carpet.

Okie...

This BEP is automatic, the switch gives you the option to change what battery is isolated and in a emergency you can select to start with both batteries.
    Best of both worlds.

And something else the Blueseas add a battery does not have the option to change the isolated battery in the boat, the only way to do so would be to switch the batteries around or move the cables thats what makes the BEP a better choice.

There are a lot of options and different ways to manage multiple batteries.

Swamp......
    Last edited by Swamplandkarl; 04-14-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    By the way, after my battery only lasting about 3 hours on the maiden voyage, I ordered the 1314. I'll probably be putting it on some time in the next couple weeks and I'll report back. With the concerns about heat, I'm going to mount it where it gets air flow and isn't touching things like carpet.
    Went boating everyday for a full week and weekend on Lake Anna. My 1315 200 amp isolator worked perfect, keeping both batteries fully charged.
    Cool to the touch the whole time.

I got the 1314 all mounted up and installed this weekend. I'll post some pictures on my other thread. I played with it with a charger on the main battery and it was pretty cool hearing it click on and off, just like it is supposed to. I left it on the charger for quite a while on the 15A setting. It appears that if I put the charger on the main battery, I charge both in the process which is kind of nice. It got pretty warm...kind of about the same as the heat sink on the back of a stereo or an amp that is working pretty good. I could keep my finger on it for several seconds before I felt like I wanted to remove it. I have about 3/8" between it and the carpet behind it, so I think it will work fine. I'll just keep an eye on it and check it here and there for a while until I know it isn't going to be a problem.

Ok, I've been doing lots of searching on this topic, need some advice!! On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is this install using one of the mentioned products?? The qoute I got from my dealer was $450!! I think that's insane and am somewhat mechanically inclined. Is there a how to or directions somewhere I haven't seen?!

Quote Originally Posted by BadbluSi View Post
    Ok, I've been doing lots of searching on this topic, need some advice!! On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is this install using one of the mentioned products?? The qoute I got from my dealer was $450!! I think that's insane and am somewhat mechanically inclined. Is there a how to or directions somewhere I haven't seen?!
    SurePower 1314 + 1315 instructions

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...ST_180126a.pdf