Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My trailer has arrived! Just need a boat!

Got some pics from the dealer today, the trailer has arrived! Its made by Sportboat in Patterson, CA. They really do a great job on there trailers.... Charcoal grey with 15" alum wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, fully boxed in, ratchet straps, LED lights, prop guard rollers, oil bath hubs, Fulton winch, matching spare tire.

I really like how they mounted the spare tire under the bunks, out of site... hopefully the boat will be in at end of the month! getting pumped up for the new ride... and hopefully some warm weather coming soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Wow.... looking really nice!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Looking good. Why did they not put it on a boatmate?

Very nice Fman!! Can't wait to see the boat!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Looking good. Why did they not put it on a boatmate?
    Thanks everyone, I am getting pumped about the new ride!

The Boatmate would have cost me an extra $2,500 with less options than the Sportboat. The shipping costs are getting rediculuos, if I lived in TN would have gone with boatmate. They are very comparable trailers, and the boatmate would not have had prop guard rollers, and did not offer the under the bunk spare tire. I do like how Boatmate is doing multi-color which looks awesome, this was not an option on the Sportboat.

Larsons Marine gets a really good deal from them because they order all there Malibus and MBs from Sportboat.

Diggs, how is your new 21V coming along?
    Last edited by Fman; 03-23-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Good looking trailer!

Fman watch that Sportboat Trailer VERY carefully, not trying to rain on your parade but they have a VERY long history of issues. The biggest is the vertical bunk supports rust at the base and then the bunks actually collapse into the frame tubing! Seriously, it's happened to a buddies twice and there's a lot on WW with the same issues. They also wear tires funky for some reason. Hopefully you won't have any troubles as their customer support plain sucks after the sale. I literally had to drive over there for my buddy as they wern't returning calls and i'm about 30 minutes from them.
    '07 Moomba Mobius LSV

Travis,
    Cool. Look forward to seeing the whole package. Does it cost more or less money to ship the boat without a trailer? It seems it is just easier to ship it on a trailer, but maybe I am totally wrong. Either way looks good. Look forward to seeing it. I am a big supporter of boatmate, but it looks like other companies are stepping up their game to compete.

My new 21V should be here any day. you will definitely see pics of it on here and/or Wakerworld once it lands....

Man that spare tire placement is sweet. Great looking ride for your new boat!!!
    90 Conbrio

If the boat looks half as nice as the trailer, you'll be a happy man.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____