Thread: ballast pump

Default ballast pump

2003 supra 22ssv launch, the big main 2000gph ballast pump cracked over the winter, and the replacement one is 150 bucks, wondering if anyone has replaced this pump with a tsunami 1200gph pump which is 40 bucks? would this work and save me 100 bucks?

It all depends on the fittings that are on it.... I know the large Tsunamis have some difficult fittings to plumb with, but maybe you're just using hose clamps right now?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by ess3489 View Post
    2003 supra 22ssv launch, the big main 2000gph ballast pump cracked over the winter, and the replacement one is 150 bucks, wondering if anyone has replaced this pump with a tsunami 1200gph pump which is 40 bucks? would this work and save me 100 bucks?
    You can pick up the new RULE 1100 Tournament series for about $50 which is 3/4" threads, the only modification you might have to do is change the fill line from 3/4" to 1". Not sure what size fill line the stock Rule pump you are replacing was using.

Contact www.wakemakers.com, they will get you going.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

If you replace this with a smaller pump it will take a lot longer to fill the ballast, the stock ballast is going to have bigger than average bilge fittings,it will have at least 1" which is what most units rated over 750gph have.