Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where do you take your boat the most.

Hi Supra boaters. April 15th is coming and I don’t mean Tax day. Here on the John Day river in Oregon it’s the first day of water ski season. I can’t wait to go back to where my daughter calls (Dads favorite place) and go for a pull , glass , 34mph ( I’m old) behind a comp Ya hooo .
    3 miles up from the mouth of the JD off of the Columbia river we have a boaters park, the only way to get there is by boat. You can tent camp on the grass. There is warm showers OK bathrooms and nice docks. Best of all it’s not crowded and it only takes me 26 minutes to get there. If your interested check out my Photo album all the pictures are at the JD. Where do you take your boat the most?

I am currently living in Southern California and my friends and I take our boat on Mission Bay. Its kinda crowded during the summer so sometimes we go to Lake Tahoe for more room.

My favorite place here in AR is def Lake Ouachita. We will start going around the April 15th time frame as well.

2006 Supra 24SSV

I'm usually on a small creek off the Delaware River. Two spots to ride there, one is always busy except early morning or weekday evenings. The other is farther up the creek and hairy to get to at low tide as the channel is narrow and unmarked... But never as busy as the other spot. For briefer early morning runs I'll go right on the Delaware near Philly as it's closer and flat in the early morning, but later on the wind kicks up and you get lots of boat traffic... Everything from go-fasts to cruisers to cargo ships and tugs. Can get annoying.

Here's the creek I usually ride:

My absolute favorite place to ride is my family's lake house in Maine. Unfortunately I only get there for a week or two every year... But I wake up to this every morning:

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    I'm usually on a small creek off the Delaware River. Two spots to ride there, one is always busy except early morning or weekday evenings. The other is farther up the creek and hairy to get to at low tide as the channel is narrow and unmarked... But never as busy as the other spot. For briefer early morning runs I'll go right on the Delaware near Philly as it's closer and flat in the early morning, but later on the wind kicks up and you get lots of boat traffic... Everything from go-fasts to cruisers to cargo ships and tugs. Can get annoying.

Here's the creek I usually ride:

My absolute favorite place to ride is my family's lake house in Maine. Unfortunately I only get there for a week or two every year... But I wake up to this every morning:

What lake in Maine is your place? I grew up at my grandparent's house on Damariscotta Lake. I have 2 acres on Sheepscot Pond in Palermo, ME.

I haven't been up there in a few years, so I do all my boating and wakeboarding on Wheeler Lake in north Alabama or Smith Lake which is about 60 miles south of there.
    2005 Supra Comp LTS

Unfortunately the Ohio River is usually not as nice as some places, but can be nice later in the summer. I also go to Summersville Lake in WV a couple times each year and it is spectactular!

Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

We usually go to Navajo Lake in north western New Mexico. The lake crosses over a little bit into Colorado.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Launch 21 V

Lake Logan Martin in Alabama. Mainly a place called Clear Creek/Alpine Bay. You can have several wake/ski boats out there taking turns and the water returns to near glass within a couple minutes
    -1989 Supra Conbrio

We spend almost all of our time on Texoma, it looks like this for just a few hours, then it is the complete opposite.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    What lake in Maine is your place? I grew up at my grandparent's house on Damariscotta Lake. I have 2 acres on Sheepscot Pond in Palermo, ME.

I haven't been up there in a few years, so I do all my boating and wakeboarding on Wheeler Lake in north Alabama or Smith Lake which is about 60 miles south of there.
    We're on Thompson, which is a short drive from Long Lake/Sebago. Looks like your property is about 70 miles East of us. I just wish the season wasn't so short in Maine or I'd try to get up there more often.