Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hey Todd, yes my boat has arrived!

After a few months of waiting the VLX has arrived, I could not be happier with the color choice and craftmanship of Malibu. Exterior color is Charcoal/white, with Charcoal, white, moonbeam and black interior. I wanted to share with you guys, and yes, I am still a fan of Supra! but I really, really, like the Malibu build.

Tuesday she goes into the stereo shop for Wetsounds goodies and tinted windows. The blanks you see in the rear seating area will be filled with RF speakers, they came seperate because of the soundpack I chose with Malibu (lowest one they offered)

For those that dont know me, I had an '08 22SSV I traded in for BU, I still pop in hear quite a bit because I enjoy reading all the posts and try to help out where I can.... so try and hold off on the shots for putting a VLX up here!

Boat has some upgrades, CAT ETX 350 HP motor, 3 vent heater, heated drivers seat, shower, G3 mirror, etc... Today was a GREAT day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fman; 04-02-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

few more pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I am so jelous that I am not talking to you any more. Lol
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Very nice Travis - I notice you also have transom lights too!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Wow, great looking rig..the interior looks amazing...Totally digging the white on white with the tow rig.
    A little off topic, but I'm curious of the trailing weight and how the 4.7l handles it??? Both my wife and I have that motor in our trucks and I've always wondered what it would be like towing a bigger boat... ( 5.7 Tundra a couple months away, bigger boat maybe a couple yrs away!!!)
    Hopefully you won't mind adding some tinted window pic's when she's done, that windshield will be incredible tinted....
    90 Conbrio

sweet boat......always welcome here, the guts are the same just a facelift
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Wow, great looking rig..the interior looks amazing...Totally digging the white on white with the tow rig.
    A little off topic, but I'm curious of the trailing weight and how the 4.7l handles it??? Both my wife and I have that motor in our trucks and I've always wondered what it would be like towing a bigger boat... ( 5.7 Tundra a couple months away, bigger boat maybe a couple yrs away!!!)
    Hopefully you won't mind adding some tinted window pic's when she's done, that windshield will be incredible tinted....
    Thank you for the feedback, I was very pleased the color combo. Its a little nerve racking until you see it in person, the I-spec does not do a good job of true color pallets.

The boat weighs 3,500 lbs and the trailer I am guessing is around 1,500. So loaded up with gear and fuel - 5,500-6,000??? The Sequoia does a pretty good job for a 2004/4.7L engine. Pulling grades it will struggle, but it gets the job done. I would definitely not tow anything larger than this, I believe it is rated for 6,500 lbs. Ths is one reason I stayed with 21.6" boat, and did not go up to the 23' LSV.

With the new Tundra's and the 5.7L motor you would be fine for any of the larger boats, those are really nice motors and produce way more horsepower than the older 4.7L.

I will definitely post up some pics of the stereo and tint when its finished.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    sweet boat......always welcome here, the guts are the same just a facelift
    Doc, thank you.... and well said... you are correct about the guts, same engine/trans/v-drive.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Very nice Travis - I notice you also have transom lights too!
    Yes, I did add the transom lights! My dealer was awesome to work with, all upgrades he gave me at cost.... it was only a few bucks more out of my pocket to have Malibu install them at the factory, and they are tied into the Malibu Touch Screen.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I would drive that Malibu any day. Great looking boat.