Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Prop Help !!!!!!!

I have a 1989 supra t6sm comp classic , And I am not sure what prop to run I have an 13x14 rh twist on it, not enought prop. thats what came with the boat and i am sure thats not the stock prop,
    Also found out the prop shaft is bent, vibrates alot , took it out and its bent . where is a good place to get a new on or straighten the old one????

14x14 with a flat cup or something close to that. Its been on my boat for a year now. And Im only using 5-10% of the throttle now.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Which engine is in the boat currently? How do you use the boat (percentage of time spent wakeboarding, wakesurfing, skiing, tubing, etc.)? Are you running additional ballast? What altitude do you typically boat at?

Let me know and I can give you a recommendation.
    WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    14x14 with a flat cup or something close to that. Its been on my boat for a year now. And Im only using 5-10% of the throttle now.
    Please explaine the 5 to 10% throttle?????????? I routienly run 100% wot many times, just to do it. WOT = 52 mph @ 5,250 rpm. At 10 % throttle we are just holding a very slow plane. I am just wondering the explanation. Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor

I imagine he means he spends the majority of his time riding not racing...

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    This really means nothing, what tranny do you have? You have to be more specific. Cup means alot and is not measured by flat,medium ,steep. It has a value in thousands of an inch but can be characterized by long or short. 5 -10% of throttle would mean like 3-6 mph wtf is that?.....are you pwi?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Avery View Post
    I have a 1989 supra t6sm comp classic , And I am not sure what prop to run I have an 13x14 rh twist on it, not enought prop. thats what came with the boat and i am sure thats not the stock prop,
    Also found out the prop shaft is bent, vibrates alot , took it out and its bent . where is a good place to get a new on or straighten the old one????
    Ok what do you want? more mph? more hole shot? what is your wot rpm with current prop? what are your engine wot ratings? are you using ballast? how much? do you want it for surfing, cruising, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, or slalom?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I am fairly sure the PCM engines in all supras were LH rotation. The versions in Nautiques were RH. Thus the prop should also be a LH rotation. As per size and pitch a 13 X 14 sounds correct. I have a few early Comps in storage and all have the same prop, but are LH. If you have the PCM tranny which is a slight gear reduction tranny it may be differant, but with the Borge Warner 1 to 1 I believe 13 X14 sounds correct, WOT should be at 4,400 to 4,500 on the OEM 351 PCM Ford. Good luck Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor

A 14" pitch prop on an inboard without gear reduction and with a ~250HP engine sounds incredibly underwhelming to me. I would be looking for something closer to 11.5" or 12", like ACME's 525 or OJ's 334.
    WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com

You want my advice? Talk to ACME or OJ. They have the experience and the expertise to recommend you the perfect prop based on your riding style and needs. If you were going to buy a new cam you'd probably talk to Crane or Comp, right?

If you're not interested in a new prop -- a local prop shop can always re-pitch your current prop and make it better suited for what you need.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.