Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well, the seller did clean it up and took some better pics. I actually got excited for a moment, util I saw this pic. Explains everything...

I noticed that there was water under the boat, just where the bilge drain probably is. Must have just drained it after pulling it out of storage.

Asked him if he had service records, and response was: "No I done it myself."

So, in the end I'm going to try to buy a '90 454 Saltare. I calculated gas to AR plus hotel is $500 anyway, so I'll just consider that more money to use buying locally.

I suppose he could have used a hose to clean it, and then later realized he had water in the bilge... but I'm doubting that or other possible scenarios as to how you would end up with dry everywhere except directly under the the boat. Most owners leave the bilge plug out all the time excepts when it's in the water, eh?

Default 'nother view

I bought a supra, strangely enough, from Paragould about 2 months ago. It looked just like that on the inside. Its a 91 so it has wood stringers and floor. Got it home, pulled the carpet and found rot! I was able to fix it reasonably cheap, and just finished up this week with the carpet install. (See pics on my conbrio restore post) I would pass on this one unless you are a capable DIY'er or you are likely to have a pile of dough invested to get it where you want. Good luck!

Thumbs down 'nother interior

Lot's of water has been in this boat. Speaker grills, hinges all rusted. Almost looks like there is a water line on the motor cowl base.

I'm just sad, because I got attached and was all ready to make an offer.

I dunno man...if that price came down a little I get the feeling that it would be a steal for a 94...but it's hard to say without seeing it in person.

Go with your gut on these things though...

Just noticed the escalade.... UNbelieveable!! This guy had enough money to have that kind of vehicle, but can't manage to put a cover over this boat during the winter and remove the plugs... some people need to get their priorities in order

You guess are making me chuckle...there's a lot of assumptions flying around this thread...how do any of you know that the water isn't a few days old because he just pulled it out? How do you know the leaves didn't end up there from some lazy guys lawn in the last few days?

I'm not saying to NOT be wary...but jumping to conclusions is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    You guess are making me chuckle...there's a lot of assumptions flying around this thread...how do any of you know that the water isn't a few days old because he just pulled it out? How do you know the leaves didn't end up there from some lazy guys lawn in the last few days?

I'm not saying to NOT be wary...but jumping to conclusions is just silly.
    Yeah, I don't like being so negative, but when I look at these pics, the mildew and corrosion all over the motor, speaker grills are all rusted, dog house screws, almost all the seats are cracked....

Anyway, I'm going to move on. I really appreciate everyones input.