Default Height of Saltare?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you Saltare owners knew how high your boat sits off the ground when on the trailer? My garage is a little lower than most so I wanna make sure the boat will fit. So from the ground to the highest part of the boat? Thanks

Mine is sitting 6'7" to the top of the windshield. This is with the front cracked all the way up on the trailer jack though, so you might gain a couple inches with it sitting low. How much clearance do you have to get in the garage?

it's going to depend a lot on the trailer. mine is way over 7' at the windshield and my trailer isn't original.

Unfortunatley, my garged is extremely short, it sits about 6 feet. So I guess its not gonna fit no matter what. Guess I will just have to build a cover on the side of my garage.

Mine just barely fits under my 7' garage door without the tower on it.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

6' would be a tough cookie. Mine is on the factory trailer. With the front hanging low you might gain 2", then some more letting the air out of the tires, and a bit more getting the tongue all the way to the ground. It could be possible, but once it's in there you wouldn't want to take it out.

Maybe for winter storage it might be worth trying, but for summer while you use it you're probably best like you said to build a carport overhang to keep it sheltered.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I googled "Supra Saltare height on trailer" and it brought me to this thread with no good definitive answer. I ended up buying a house and gambling on the boat fitting in the garage since my existing storage solution wasn't going away. I brought the boat home for the first time last night, and she fits! Just barely. Obviously this information won't help the author of the original post, but hopefully it will long enough on the web to help someone else.

My 86 Saltare on the original trailer (with slightly taller than stock ST205/75R-15 tires) will fit through a 7' tall, 9' wide garage door, but just by inches. The windshield would clear by about 2-3", my Aerial Airborne tower is slightly above the windshield when folded, but still clears the 7' door. You'll need about 25'6" of depth.

Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Good info. My Saltare on an original trailer (but a different mfg than yours) wouldn't clear a 7ft door without airing down the tires. It was 2-3" high.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I remember my Bravura(closed bow Mariah) JUST fitting under a steel rack we had at the marina that I could walk under, but barely - making it about 5'11" maybe 6'0" - so there you go, the height difference of a Saltare to a Mariah/Bravura.