Default Scammers make me SICK!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share a recent classified add that I couldn't help but reply to in order to find out what the story was.

Sure enough, its your usual "the XXXX (insert bike, sled, boat etc) that is priced substantially below market value. It is in perfect working condition but I am out of the country and it is in the custody of a shipping company and ready to be sold.I would like to got through ebay to sell this blah blah blah.

I have come across more than 1 of these type scenarios and it makes me sick to my stomach that someone would do this.

Here's the ad:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ275788571

Here's the reply from the seller:

Hi,

This boat is in perfect working condition, the interior and exterior look great,no leaks,no dents,no rust.
    It hasn't been in any accidents, the title is clean and clear. The shipping is included in the boat price. I am letting it go because I've moved to London,United Kingdom and importing it here it's too much. It is currently in Hazelton,BC in custody of a shipping company with all the papers necessary to sell, ready to be delivered to its new owner. I want to use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to close the deal because it is the safest way for both parties under these conditions.

I know there are a few people on hear from Canada and Ontario, please be careful, I would hate to see a fellow enthusiast loose any amount of money to one of these scumbags.

From my experiences if its to good to be true, it likely is. By all means I'm not trying to scare anyone away from a good deal, but in any case like the one presented, do you best to get all the info you can and I personally would never send any amount of money before seeing the item in person.

Rant over! haha Enjoy!
    Last edited by WakeSurfCanada; 04-20-2011 at 09:58 AM.

did you report this add? just curious as its still available, anyways I did report it just now.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

What I don't get is with most of these ads the people never respond. I never get to the point where they could take my money. Makes me think they do it for other reasons. Maybe to harvest active e-mail addresses for spamming? Doesn't seem like an effective way to do that, but maybe if you placed ads in many many different categories on almost every CL you would be getting hundreds or thousands of live e-mail addresses a month?

Take it from someone who knows first hand ... Don't buy without seeing.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Take it from someone who knows first hand ... Don't buy without seeing.
    KG, you don't happen to be from around Paragould do you?

About 3 hours
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I ran into something similar with an MB last year. Great deal, but they kept pushing the Ebay VPP thing. I actually got a lot of correspondence with the seller before I waked away from it.
    2006 Launch 21 V

Also watch out for super good deals when a lien is still on the item.....

Make sure you have in writing that the ownersip will be free and clear titled.... This will also protect you from someone dumping a salvage title item on you !!!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

I've had a run-in with a few items listed that way. I always offer come look at it in person or have a relative or representative that is local (where they say it is located) to stop by and give it a look over. Correspondence usually stops at that point
    2007 Moomba Outback
    Why Not? Play Hard! Get WET.....