Default Fuel gauge stuck at 50%

Both the analog and digital fuel gauge on my 09 21V wont move past 50%. The gauge doesnt seem to change in the positive or negative regardless of the fuel situation.

Do we likely have a stuck floater?

Does anyone have some step by step procedures to check this? I know the fuel tank is below the center panel. I dont know what I'm looking for once I remove the panel. Does the tank need to be slightly emptied before I check this?

if someone happens to have their tank exposed and can upload a pic, that can enlighten me? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
    Both the analog and digital fuel gauge on my 09 21V wont move past 50%. The gauge doesnt seem to change in the positive or negative regardless of the fuel situation.

Do we likely have a stuck floater?

Does anyone have some step by step procedures to check this? I know the fuel tank is below the center panel. I dont know what I'm looking for once I remove the panel. Does the tank need to be slightly emptied before I check this?

if someone happens to have their tank exposed and can upload a pic, that can enlighten me? Many thanks!
    Supra did this because of the high gas prices, takes the pain out of filling up. You never burn more than 1/2 tank all day! best fuel consumption of any wakeboard boat!

Sorry, buddy, cant help you out... I am sure someone will chime in.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Its a 09? SOunds like a warranty issue to me.

Unfortunately not. One of the reasons I got the boat 12k less than MSRP was that it was an R&D boat sold to a pro rider. While the engine warranty is in tact, and I have 'some' of the hull warranty remaining, it doesnt cover any components.

I would assume the fuel sender would be a component issue, and not be covered by the engine warranty.

Waiting to hear back from Skiers Choice customer service on this issue. I have to tell you, they have been excellent every time I have called them.

After researching the problem, I need to disconnect the wires from the fuel sender, and check the resistance. I am waiting to hear back from the guy at supra so I can find out what OHMs I should be getting at different levels. I also dont know if they use a float or a probe.

I assume I cant take the sender out of the tank when the tank is full, so I may have to burn some more gas and run some checks before I know for sure.

I don't know what the 09 looks like.. but mine did this and I pulled the sender and cleaned the contacts.. Put a ohm meter on it and measured it and it worked properly so I installed it and it worked

Unfortunately it looks like it may be an issue with the ECU... We pulled the floor panels, disconnected the fuel sender altogether, and the guage showed 50%.

At this point, we are going to have to take it to a dealer, but the problem really isnt important to us. We fill it every day, and you have to be doing some serious crap to be empty.

"I don't know what the 09 looks like.. but mine did this and I pulled the sender and cleaned the contacts.. Put a ohm meter on it and measured it and it worked properly so I installed it and it worked"

I have this same problem. Mine doesnt pass 85%. How hard is it to clean the sender contacts? Where are those? I'm not much of a mechanic but dont mind working through something.