Default 1987 Supra Saltare

Hey guys,
    So I finally went and bought a Saltare, YAY!!!! I have been looking for a while now and finally came across one in my price range and it has the Big Block 454. Of course, She will need the normal restoration stuff, but for now she will hold up! I traveled down to Lake Lanier, GA to pick this beauty up. only about 4 hours from my house in Charlotte, NC.

This picture is from when we picked it up last week.

And these are a few pictures of this past weekend "playing"

And of course, one more picture so you can see the wake at 20mph in choppy water. SO NICE!

That looks like the one I was looking at a couple years ago when I was trying to decide on a Supra. Had they been trying to sell it for a while?

Congratulations & welcome to the "big girl" club. Looks great & glad to see she's lakeworthy.

There's a good number of Salts here with a wealth of info. I've had just about every nut & bolt out of mine (finally piecing back together -some stock, some not), so let us know if you have any questions. That is if you ever stop grinning ear to ear and start some of the resto stuff you mentioned (although, doesn't look like she needs much).
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Okie, The guy said he just put it up for sale and I was the first person to come and look at the boat. It was located just northeast of Atlanta by Lake Lanier.

SybrMike, Thanks! I have been on here reading over yours and everybody else's builds and you guys have done alot of nice work. I know the boat has bad stringers but they should be able to handle this year. Atleast I hope so .

It may not have been the same one, but it sure looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Good find! The upholstery looks to be in good shape. How does she run?

There have been a number of good GA boats selling the last few days on here. Nice to see people out spending money again on boats. Hope the lousy gas prices don't stall the momentum.
    She purrs like a kitten now! When I took her on her maiden voyage she would give a spit and a sputter every now and then underway but not in neutral. So I ran her for a couple hours on the lake and it lessened. Then the next day she seemed to free of the problem. Im guessing just some water or trash in the gas that was left in the boat by the PO.

Man, the upholstery is amazing to be as old as my girlfriend. The PO did have the observer seat and the "love seat" redone a couple years ago. I took it to my local Boat Spa and the guys made the old look like the new. I was extremely impressed at what they could do to make it look good again.

Congrats on the purchase.... followed this one from over on haugy's Saltare thread. Sweet looking and ready for Summer

I coulda sworn someone had posted that boat recently on here, but maybe not. Either way, looking good. Spitting image of my boat.

ngavdba, I'm sure the $70k he didn't spend on a new big 3 boat will buy a lot of gas.

It was definitely posted here recently. Welcome to the Supra family!!!