Thread: I-pod question

Default I-pod question

Is there a sound quality difference between the I-pod 2nd generation and 5th/6th generation? My ole' I-pod Nano 2nd generation is only 2 gigs and filled up. I really like the wheel instead of the touch screen, so I am thinking of just picking up a 5th gen I-pod nano 8/16 gig.

Just was not sure if I would get better quality out of a 5th/6th generation Ipod from the older 2nd generation.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

You won't see any difference.

No difference....quality is same. However fact i got the 120 gig ipod and does not produce sound as loud as my old one, even when I turn the maximum sound level off. Researched on the internet and other people have noticed the same thing.
    Last edited by Skylar18; 05-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Can't answer the question, but thought I'd share my excitement. I got the IS75 and got it hooked up to the EQ yesterday. Man, I'm going to love it. Digital music, plus iheart radio and pandora is gonna be awesome.

It isn't as loud, and I believe you can't charge them from the same old adapter without an adapter. They will play thru the old cable, just not recharge.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    It isn't as loud, and I believe you can't charge them from the same old adapter without an adapter. They will play thru the old cable, just not recharge.
    They will charge but you need the adaptor that piggybacks the older style charger.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV