Quote Originally Posted by c9403 View Post
Larry,

Great pics, I was not even thinking in those terms. When I thought of a spring, I was thinking in a straight line, not a torsion spring like that.

Below are pics of how I did it, it seems to be working great, I just worry about stressing out the coil / wires.

When I look at my throttle assembly I don't see the little notch in the throttle arm for the spring to catch in, I guess I could easily add a notch with a small file or dremel tool. When you say that you don't have to remove the whole throttle arm, I assume that is the larger piece, I would simply remove that small nut, slide the small arm of the potentiometer off and situate the spring under it and attach it. Can I find a spring like that at a hardware store or do I need to order from Indmar / Supra / Perfect Pass?

Thanks again for the help, I knew somebody would know exactly what I was needing!

Chris
The notch in the throttle arm is really not necessary. We built them for quite some time without the notch. You do not need to or want to remove the nut on the throttle arm. The spring can be installed without removing the arm ... I did it when I took the pictures. If yoiu remove that nut you will mess up the calibration of the throttle. You might have to remove the larger bracket from where it is mounted for easier access.

The spring is an Indmar part. Ask your dealer to order one for you. The Part number is S631206-1.