Default Amplifier Advise needed.....

I'm putting together my system for the new to me saltare project and need advise on what amps to run. Heres the system so far
    4 polk db651 in the cabin
    12" sub...undetermined
    Kenwood KTS-MP400MR head unit

I want a solid 4 channel amp for the polks and not sure if I should go with a mono for the sub or bridge a multi channel. My budget is limited so I'm trying to stay on the cheap. I'm looking at Polk 500.4, Infinity 475(have one in my jeep), and open to Fosgate, kicker, etc.

I would also consider a good 5 ch amp, but in my previous experience with an Alpine 5 ch....they lack the power I'm looking for.....OPINIONS?

The boat doesn't have a tower...but will sometime down the road.

Thanks for the help!

A friend of mine has the Kicker 700.5. He is driving 4 cabin speakers and a sub...all Wet Sounds and it runs them well. That could be a pretty good choice for what you're looking at.

Ok....I have it narrowed down to 2 amps. The polk audio pa1100.5, and the kicker 700.5. The polk is about $100 more and has higher rms ratings.....my fear is that the kicker amp will come up short....any one have listened to either amp? Okie, I know u have......

My friend that is running the 700.5 is driving 4 of the Wet Sounds in boat speakers and a Wet Sounds sub and it performs well. I doubt you will come up short power wise.

Kicker amps are much better than Polk. The kicker will do more than advertised -- the Polk will do less.

I'd buy the kicker.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

+1 on the Kicker. Polk makes great speakers but are not known for their amps.
    1989 Supra SunSport | ACME 480 Prop. | 13th Floor Tower

what price range u looking at@? powerbass makes a strong 5 ch for a good price.On ebay for $439.99
    http://www.powerbassusa.com/asa-11005x-5-ch-amplifier

You might also consider a JL Audio XD series amp (or amps). These amps are class D amps, so they will run much more efficiently than the Kicker. When I looked, the Kicker is a Class A/B for the 4-channel portion, with a Class D circuit running the sub channel. A quick search for the JL Audio XD700/5 shows you can get one for around $460. I have a few of the XD amps waiting to go in my boat next week, so until then, I don't have much in the way of reviews for the amps. Just another option that I thought I'd throw out there.