Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well I ordered a couple of the 750lb sacs to replace my stock rear sacs. We'll see how it changes the surf wake. I'll have to figure out how much to fill them if we get a boat full of people, it's only been the 4 of us so far, but we will likely frequently have 7-8 folks on board.

I'm going to get out Monday. I have some plans that I am going to try out. I will post pictures of all different scenerios and what the setups were for each. Hopefully I will hit on one of them.

boys , put your boat and engine in your signature.........the 1100 lbs do nicely in the rear compartments of a 21v , my ? is why not go with the bigger bags , you don't have to fill them all the way but the capacity is there.......the one drawback is you have to reinforce the hinges on your engine doors and add additional lower stabilizing anchorage.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Default my 2006 21v

I have a 2006 21v and it has been a learning experience for me and my crew. I am 6' for reference. Here is our setup with a few pics:

600 lbs in front
    100 lbs in non surf side
    450 across rear seat
    600 in rear locker surf side
    540 on seat surf side
    540 on floor of surf side
    2-4 people when surfing
    wakeplate very minimal if at all

I have not been surfing too long so I had alot of issues trying to stay in the "sweet spot". I tell people weight on your front foot is like a gas pedal and weight on your rear foot is like a brake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We ride at 10.3 mph...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
    I'm going to get out Monday. I have some plans that I am going to try out. I will post pictures of all different scenerios and what the setups were for each. Hopefully I will hit on one of them.
    I went out Monday. Had super early butter wakeboarding sets for my family and friends. We chilled for a bit when it started to get a little busy, then it got down right crazy on the lake and we rolled out. Didn't even try to setup for surfing. I'll get the pictures and setup this weekend as long as the weather stays good.

Default Not enough weight...

I have a '07 22' Launch SSV... It sounds like you don't have enough weight in the rear. You shouldn't need any water in your center bag. I have a solenoid that is going bad on my ballast system, and it is leaking water into my center bag...so about every 45 mins, If I don't check it, my surf wake turns to crap - I pump out the water in the center bag and it gets steep and clean. FYI - I am running a FlyHigh 1100 lb sac in rear compartments - they only fill to about 900 lbs I am guessing. But I have the stock 600 lb bag that i fill with a tsnumai pump - I usually put about 200 lbs in that sack. I also have found that it helps to fill my opposite sack about halfway to get the bow up and stern down.

Well I finally made it out and had enough time to work on my setup. Here is what I ended up with:

Center locker - 1180lbs sac filled to locker capacity (around 900-1000)
    Surfside locker - 650lbs sac filled.
    Top of surfside locker - 400lbs sac filled and flowing down on to the seat
    Human (free) Ballast - 450lbs on the surfside and 190lbs driver.
    12MPH
    Wakeplate 50%

I'm sure that I can play around and get it better. Pictures don't really do it justice, but I think it is a decent start. It was much cleaner when I wash driving and my friend was behind the boat. Don't have any good pictures of that.

Let me know what you think.
    PS: don't laugh at my poor skills (or lack there of)

Here are the pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=Bumpass1;57618]
    12MPH
    Wakeplate 50%
    QUOTE]

Thinking my speed was a little too fast.